Specific units in Coyote Village and McFadden Hall will be allowed to have alcohol. Any students who are of legal age will be able to responsibly consume alcohol while in their room. If you are interested in living in an alcohol-permitted unit on campus, please read over the information below to learn how to apply.
- Applicant must be 21 years old or older by beginning of fall semester.
- Applicant's roommates must be 21 years old or older by beginning of fall semester, and have also applied for alcohol room designation.
- Applicant must have a room in one of the designated areas of Coyote Village or McFadden Hall, noted below.
- Applicant must agree to the Terms and Conditions (abbreviated below) for an alcohol-permitted room.
For a complete overview of the Student Life Alcohol Policy, please view the Alcohol Policy in Residence Halls.
Terms & Conditions
- Alcohol cannot be consumed while in the presence of persons under the age of 21.
- Open containers of alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all common areas of the residence halls.
- Kegs and other common source containers are prohibited.
- Coyote Village residents must transport alcohol in a closed container to their designated unit through the main southwest door of the building.
- Parties involving ten or more individuals, binge and excessive drinking, drinking games (beer pong, flip cup, etc), and intoxication of participants are prohibited.
- Students must comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Students must adhere to the USD Student Code of Conduct and residence hall Community Living Policies.
- Coyote Village - Alcohol-permitted units must be located in the east wing of Coyote Village. Only when all the rooms in this wing are fully occupied and designated as alcohol-permitting can the center wing of Coyote Village be opened to alcohol-permitted units.
- McFadden Hall - Alcohol-permitted units must be located on the first floor of McFadden Hall. Once the first floor is fully occupied and designated as alcohol-permitting, the second floor can be opened to alcohol-permitted units if every 2nd floor resident is 21 or older.