Welcome to your new home!
The 2016 housing application is now available. You can complete and submit your Housing Application once you have paid your university deposit.
You will need the following information to complete the application:
- USD student ID number (available on your acceptance letter or by contacting your admissions counselor)
- Current contact information
- Meal plan preference
- Residence hall preference
Note: All first-year students must live in either Beede, Mickelson, Richardson, Olson Halls or Coyote Village (if available).
- Be ready to answer a short survey used to match roommates (i.e. smoker/non-smoker).
Student Housing Application Process
Before selecting your residence hall and possibly your roommate, there are a few steps to complete in order to access the housing application:
Pick up your USD account/email
- Access your myUSD portal account
In order to access the housing application, you will need your new USD e-mail account to access the myUSD portal. You can pick up your email/portal login after you have submitted your USD deposit.
Please allow 24 - 48 hours for your University deposit to be processed before attempting to login. Processing time will be faster with deposits paid online.
- Once you have received your login information, you can access the myUSD portal and continue the room reservation process
Complete your housing contract.
Online Housing Application System
- Access the Online Housing Application System.
Upon clicking, you will be asked to login to the my.USD portal. Login using your new USD user name (usually the "firstname.lastname" portion of your new USD email address) and your new USD password.
- Click on the "Online Housing Application System" link to begin your application
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your application
The Office of Student Life/Housing begins releasing housing assignments in June for the fall semester. You will be notified of your room assignment, provided with the contact information for your roommate and receive important information about living on campus via your USD email address, so please check it regularly