The Summer University Program of The Indian University of
North America Application Requirements:
In order to be considered for the Summer University Program of The Indian University of North America, students must submit the following:
- Completed Application Form. You may complete it online and print it out, and mail it, or submit the application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt via e-mail will be recognized as signature.
- Personal statement of your reasons for desiring to attend the summer program at Crazy Horse Memorial.
- Proof of membership in federally-recognized tribe for preference consideration.
- High school transcript and official college transcripts if previously attended college. Applicants must have successfully completed high school (Regular Curriculum) or have completed a GED to be eligible to begin the program. Official high school transcripts verifying successful completion are required to be submitted to USD by June 3, 2013. An unofficial high school transcript is acceptable to attach to this application.
- ACT or SAT scores and subscores are required. Scores must be submitted with the application. The composite ACT score for regular admission is 21; the SAT score for regular admission is 990. ACT scores below 21 and SAT scores below 990 will be considered for provisional acceptance.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. Letters should be written by those familiar with your high school work or, if you have been out of school for more than two years, by people familiar with your performance in the workplace.
- Agreement to the Rules of Conduct for the Summer Program.
- Students will be contacted if they are chosen for a telephone interview.
Applications that are not complete by the April 1st deadline will not be considered during the priority interview and selection process. Students applying or completing their files after the deadline of April 1, 2013, may be considered for acceptance on a space available basis after priority applicant decisions are finalized.
The following application materials are not required now, but required by June 3, 2013 if accepted to the program:
All documentation and application materials should be sent to:
Summer University Program at Crazy Horse Memorial