Money Magazine ranks Physician Assistant
as the second best job in the United States.
- Systems Engineer
- Physician Assistant
- College Professor
- Nurse Practitioner
- IT Project Manager
- Money Magazine describes the job as "M.D. lite."
- Working under the supervision of a doctor, PAs do all tasks involved in routine medical care, such as diagnosing illnesses and assisting in surgery. In most states they can write prescriptions as well.
- Why it's great: You get the satisfaction of treating patients minus insurance hassles, since PAs have far less administrative responsibility than the typical MD. You don't have to take on the time or expense of med school and the field is virtually recession-proof, owing to an ongoing shortage of primary-care physicians.
- Money Magazine Article
- KELO-TV Story on Physician Assistant
- KTIV-TV Story on Physician Assistant
- News Release