Advanced-Standing Transfer Applicants
- Medical students who have begun their studies at an LCME accredited medical school may apply for admissions to the second or third year classes at SSOM.
- Applicants must meet all of our admissions criteria, must have completed a curriculum that is comparable to that of students attending our medical school, and must have passed USMLE Step 1 if applying for Year Three.
- Applicants must be in good standing at the medical school they are currently attending and must submit a Dean's Letter of evaluation.
- Preference will be granted to SD residents or those with strong ties to the state and are only reviewed by the Admissions Committee if there are available slots in the class.
- Applications for advanced standing may be requested from the Medical School Admissions office and are considered by the Admissions Committee from January 1 until February 1 of each year.
- The second year begins the first week of August and the third year begins the first week of July.