- To create the vision of a model education program.
- We are the vehicle by which the curriculum evolves through supporting and developing faculty towards quality medical student education, motivating faculty towards evidence-based innovation, and evaluating the effectiveness of the curricular programs.
How we accomplish our mission
- Evaluate outcomes and student assessments to assure our objectives are being met.
- Regularly and rigorously evaluate our curriculum based on the latest educational concepts and knowledge.
- Motivate faculty through faculty development programs and direct assistance to achieve institutional and individual academic goals.
- Assure the educational program meets standards set by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Facilitate special program enhancements including cultural competence, emergency preparedness, clinical skills testing, medical professionalism, and the Scholarship Pathways Program.
- Preparing physicians for careers in the 21st century.
Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship
The Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship is a new format that will be introduced at the University of South Dakota’s Sanford School of Medicine. To find out more about this model, click on a version of the introductory video.