Looking for an opportunity to provide staff development opportunities for your department or business? The Wellness Center staff are ready to help with our Wellness on Wheels workshops. These workshops are designed to fit into a lunch break or staff meeting and will provide information to increase your staff's health and overall well being!
Workshops will be 30-45 minutes in length depending on content and participant interaction.
- USD Department: $20
- Community Organization: $30
- Zen Fitness - Does your office need a Zen make-over? This workshop is a "feel good" session which teaches various stress and pain relief techniques such as breathing, meditation, and yoga. The class expresses the quote "mind over matter" by providing methods that are useful for rejuvenating your body, refreshing your mind, and relaxing your focus. Also provided will be useful breathing mechanics which increase vitality, decrease stress, and help one become more mindful.
- Desk Fitness - Having an office job that requires you to sit at a desk all day has the potential to wear down and deactivate your body. To keep your body stimulated, we've provided you with the option to get fit at your desk! This workshop teaches proper seated posture for injury prevention and provides simple exercises and full body workouts that lead to increased strength, increased mental focus, and decreased stress.
- Myofascial Release (Foam Rolling) - Flexibility, as one of the major components of physical fitness, is critical to keeping a healthy range of motion in your muscles and critical to healing current injuries or preventing future ones. This workshop teaches everyone 15 stretches that will loosen you up from head to toe by incorporating a foam roll into each stretch to assist in myofascial release. Foam rolling exercises use your own body weight to help release tension in the muscles. Learning a repeatable stretch routine that covers all your major muscle groups is perfect for fitness in the workplace.
- Nutrition Basics & Healthy Shopping - In this workshop we will combine three nutrition based concepts to help benefit you and your family's health. You will learn the importance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat in your diet; as well as daily caloric needs, basic label reading and how to combine foods for healthy snacks. We will provide you with grocery shopping strategies to help maintain a healthy lifestyle and help you to choose the best meal options.
Schedule a Workshop
Interested in scheduling a workshop for your organization? Fill out a registration form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 605-677-8894 or bring to room 102 of the USD Wellness Center.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or contact us at 605-677-8803.