We want to hear from you. To help resolve your concerns, complaints or questions regarding university policies or actions, the following offices are available to assist you:

Academic Concerns

Where minor concerns arise, we ask students to raise these concerns with the instructor or appropriate staff member with the goal of resolving the issue at this level. If the concern is not resolved at this level we recommend visiting with the appropriate Department Chair and Dean as needed.

If a complaint cannot be handled through these channels, the students may address the concern/complaint formally through the Academic Affairs office.

Academic Appeals

EEO/Title IX or other forms of sexual violence

  • Khara Iverson, Director of EEO & Chief Title IX Coordinator
    Slagle Hall 205

Crimes or Policy Violations

  • Police, fire, medical emergencies (from campus phones): 9-911
  • Non-emergencies: 677-5342

Residence Hall Student Behavior (Community Living Policy)

Distance Education Concerns and Complaints

  • Continuing and Distance Education 605-658-6140, 800-233-7937 or cde@usd.edu
  • Out-of-state students who have unresolved complaints through the previous procedures may file a complaint with the South Dakota Board of Regents by following the procedures outlined under Resources for Online Students

Additional Options

Comments may also be directed to President@usd.edu, the complaints and issues will be logged, directed to the appropriate Director or Department Chair for investigation and resolution. The Office of the President will follow up to ensure a timely resolution to the issue, and respond to the student.