We offer tutoring in a variety of subjects and the Academic & Career Planning Center, in particular, offers a free tutoring program that covers subjects like math, biology, chemistry, general education social sciences (criminal justice, psychology, etc.) and more.
In addition to one-on-one and group tutoring, we also provide academic support through:
- Learning Specialists - we help you develop successful learning strategies and study skills, study habits, time management, overcome math anxiety and more.
- PASS (Peer Assisted Student Support) - The PASS leader offers open tutoring sessions weekly, permitting currently enrolled students to review content, ask questions, discuss issues and employ effective studying strategies. Because the PASS tutors attend the class, all materials discussed are current and relevant. Then, the PASS leader holds an intensive exam review for each exam.
- Supplemental Instruction - peer-assisted study sessions help you with difficult first and second year courses.
- Writing Center - assists with a variety of writing, offers workshops and helps you develop proofreading and editing skills.
- Presentation Center - helps you develop confidence to create and deliver presentations effectively.
- Math Emporium - special one-on-one and small group tutoring is offered for many math courses.
Additional information and schedules for these services can be found in the myUSD Portal.
Supplemental Instruction Information
Academic Commons - First Floor, I.D. Weeks Library