The Art of Communicating
Contemporary Media & Journalism (CMJ) prepares students for careers in both traditional and new media. We offer a comprehensive and challenging program of study leading to a B.A. or B.S. degree, with two specialization areas:
Our Graduate Program offers the M.A. degree in Communication Studies with an emphasis on general or organizational communication. The M.A. program also includes preparation for doctoral work, and for teaching in the communication field at public school or college level.
- State-of-the-art facilities in the Al Neuharth Media Center.
- Faculty with experience in media and journalism.
- Small class sizes.
- Accreditation by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
- Student Media Opportunities.
- Scholarships for CMJ majors.
- Hands-on practicums and internships.
Our Student Success:
Our Students gain experience from the campus radio station, cable television station, student newspaper, and our student advertising/public relations agency.
|CMJ Department Chair
Michelle Van Maanen, Assistant Professor