The Trotzig Memorial Scholarship is an endowed fund established in memory of Elmer G. Trotzig, who taught journalism and advertising courses at the university from 1925 until his retirement in 1967.
The earnings generated from this account are to be used to provide scholarship support for undergraduate students studying in the areas of journalism or advertising.
The faculty members teaching advertising and journalism will be responsible for selecting the recipients and determining the monetary value of the scholarship awarded.
- Clearly demonstrate a commitment and enthusiasm for university activities in the area of advertising (such as American Advertising Federation), and indicate the field of advertising/public relations as a career choice.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 academic average in the major field and a 2.5 overall.
- Submit an unofficial transcript with the application.
- Satisfactorily and neatly fill out an application form and respond to all the questions asked.
- Have an interview with the staff teaching journalism and advertising if requested.
- Submit at least one finished ad campaign or PSA announcement for evaluation.
- Demonstrate effective and accurate spelling, writing and grammatical skills consistently in all academic classes in the Media & Journalism Department.
- Practical experience is not required but highly recommended before applying for the award.