Military Science Home
Our Training Will Set You Apart
|Military Science and Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) at USD isn't just another course of study. It's leadership training that will set you apart in any profession you choose.|
Military Science students participate in the program while completing degrees in their chosen fields. In some degree platforms, Military Science courses can be used to fulfill social science or elective credit requirements. Any student, freshman to graduate students, from any major, with at least four semesters of school remaining is eligible to apply.
What are the typical training experiences of the cadets in the USD ROTC Department? We offer a multitude of opportunities beyond the required classroom instruction and it is these "extra" opportunities that most cadets enjoy the most.
Here are Just Some of the Training Opportunities That are Available:
- Training at the Army Mountain Warfare School in Jericho, VT.
- Problem-solving in the Leader's Reaction Course.
- Presenting the colors as part of the USD ROTC Color Guard.
- Taking the combat water survival test.
- Competing with the Ranger Challenge Team.
- Applying tactics learned at a field training exercise.
- Participate in the Study Abroad program.
|Military Science Department Chair
LTC Ross Nelson, Professor