High school students interested in accounting are encouraged to attend USD's Summer Accounting Institute.
Register by May 15 and the registration fee is $75. Registration is FREE to students who are ranked in the top 10% of their class. These students would need to include a letter from their principal or counselor verifying their class ranking.
Education & Exploration
- Learn about exciting careers in the accounting profession.
- Meet national, regional and local employers who hire our accounting graduates.
- Participate in a field trip where visit public accounting firm and other well-known businesses.
- Spend time with accounting and business faculty.
- Meet other students with similar interests.
- Three $500 scholarships to attend the Beacom School of Business are awarded at the conclusion to students who have shown outstanding enthusiasm and knowledge of the accounting profession and who want to pursue an accounting degree.
Why You Should Attend
- Receive one general college credit from USD.
- Meet fellow students from other high schools and make lasting friendships.
- Enjoy great food, fun and games.
- Visit a nationally known accounting firm and regional business.
- Win a scholarship to Beacom School of Business.
- Explore USD's AACSB International accredited business school.
- Explore the field of accounting and the many opportunities available to accounting graduates.
Erin Cornelsen, CPA
Instructor of Accounting