Benefits of Service-Learning for Faculty
- Offers a new way to teach familiar material and to engage students more deeply in learning.
- Provides opportunities for focusing teaching and research in a community setting.
- Gives new faculty members the opportunity to become more familiar with their community.
- Opens a door to exploring other high-impact teaching practices.
- Engages faculty members in deeper, more meaningful relationships with students.
Services and Support
USD’s Center for Academic & Global Engagement (CAGE) encourages faculty members to offer service-learning opportunities for their students by providing planning and financial support for community-based projects.
More information available in the myUSD Portal
Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment with a knowledgeable staff member who can help you integrate a community-based project in your course design.