Quality Child Care
Welcome to the USD Children's Center! We provide quality child care with a rich choice of activities and programming to not only the students, faculty, and staff of the university, but to the Vermillion community as well. The center is operated under the School of Education at the University of South Dakota.
Know Your Child is in Good Hands
The Children's Center is licensed through the Department of Social Services, State of South Dakota. All state licensing requirements are met.
Why Send Your Child to Our Facility?
- We are licensed through the State of South Dakota
- Ratios - Infants 3:1, Toddlers 5:1, Preschool 10:1
- Staff members are certified in CPR & First Aid Trained
- The center serves breakfast, lunch, snacks. We also accommodate special diet prescriptions and strive to accommodate parents' special dietary requests.
- We serve 6 weeks old through 5 year old children
- State-of-the-art playground with plenty of shade and grass
- We offer a research based curriculum
- We offer many opportunities for community involvement
|Check our our new Parent Partnership Program Meeting Information section.||NEW!|
|Parent Partnership Program Meeting||June 27 @
|Don't forget to fill out the Sunscreen Permission Form.||ASAP!|
|Center Closed for Fourth of July holiday||July 4 & 5|
Hours of Operation
Our hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; Monday - Friday.
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or to come and visit our facility.
Tammy Rusher, M.Ed., (Tammy.Rusher@usd.edu)
Children's Center Director