The Technology Fellows Program, funded by the State of South Dakota, provides for undergraduate students to develop professional-level skills, work in a team-based environment and to be compensated while learning. The program is designed so that student Tech Fellows assist Faculty in learning new technology that can be integrated into their course curriculum.
Ready to Apply?
Applicants Must Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Be a South Dakota resident
- Be a full-time, undergraduate, degree-seeking student
- Complete at least 30 credit hours per academic year (Fall, Spring, Summer) while in the program
- Earn satisfactory grades and make satisfactory progress towards graduation
- Have proficiency, or the ability to gain proficiency, in information technology experience and skills to help assist faculty
- Maintain a GPA of 3.00 during the time spent in the program
Requirements of the Tech Fellow:
- Each student offered a fellowship must formally accept the requirements and expectations for the program (Institutions may award up to one hour of credit as part of the program.)
- Tech Fellows are expected to provide around 11 hours per week
- Student Tech Fellows must give an ePortfolio presentation and participate in an exit interview before the conclusion of the spring semester
Application and Selection Procedure:
- All Applicants should complete a Tech Fellow Application or reapplication for returning Tech Fellows
- A committee consisting of faculty, administrators, computer support staff, and the Tech Fellows Program Manager will review all applications, contact supervisors (if the applicant is a returning Tech Fellow), and make appointments for applicants.
- Tech Fellows will be selected by July 30th or until all positions have been filled, whichever is later. Preference will be given to returning Tech Fellows; however, efforts will be made to assure a proportional number of appointments for new Tech Fellows.