I am thrilled to serve at USD and hope to share my experiences as a teacher, principal,
superintendent, graduate student, adjunct professor, fundraiser, volunteer, baseball
umpire and coach locally, statewide, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- School District Administration
- School Community Relations
- Theories of Educational Administration
- Educational Leadership Simulations
- Multicultural Seminar
- Seminar in Educational Leadership
- Human Resource Management
My research agenda includes Educational Leadership, Innovations in PreK-12 Education,
Mentoring, and Innovations in Technology for Teaching in PreK-20 Education.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Webner, Steven, De Jong, David, Baron, Mark, and Campoli, Ayana. Public School Board Presidents' and Superintendents' Perceptions of the Characteristics
of Effective Superintendents in a Midwestern State. Iss. 27.6. Served on Dr. Webner's committee, led the process of converting dissertation
to manuscript and then corresponded with editors. Cedar Falls, Iowa: Journal of School Leadership, 2018.
- De Jong, David, Grundmeyer, Trent, and Chad, Anderson. Comparative Study of Elementary and Secondary Teacher Perceptions of Mobile Technology
in Classrooms. Edited by Dr. David Parsons, 12-33. Vol. Led the process of converting dissertation to manuscript and then corresponded with
editors, Iss. 10(3). Unitec: International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, 2018. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.4018/ijmbl.2018010102 )
- Bartholomew, Mitch, and De Jong, David. Barriers to Implementing the Response to Intervention Framework in Secondary Schools:
Interviews with Secondary Principals. Edited by Dr. Pamela Salazaar, 1-17. Las Vegas, NV: National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), 2017. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0192636517743788 )
- De Jong, David, Grundmeyer, Trent, and Yankey, Julie. Identifying and Addressing Themes of Job Dissatisfaction for Secondary Principals. Edited by Alma Harris - University of Bath, UK Michelle Jones - University of Bath, UK, 18. Vol. 37, Iss. 4. Led the process of major revisions and then corresponded with editors). London: School Leadership & Management, 2017. (DOI: 10.1080/13632434.2017.1338253)
- De Jong, David, Curtin, Susan, Robinson, Derrick, Johnson, Stephen, Schaap, Ben, and Card, Karen. Division of Educational Leadership: Completed Dissertation Research Impacting the
Midwest, 13. Vol. 1, Iss. May 2017. Vermillion, South Dakota: University of South Dakota School of Education, 2017.
- Gough, Evan, De Jong, David A., Grundmeyer, Trent, and Baron, Mark. K-12 Teacher Perceptions Regarding the Flipped Classroom Model for Teaching and Learning. Edited by Thomas T. Liao, pp. 390-423. Vol. Volume 45, Iss. Issue 3. SAGE Publishing: Journal of Educational Technology Systems (ETS), 2017. (DOI: 10.1177/0047239516658444)
- Yates, Shawn, and De Jong, David. Factors Influencing Rural Superintendent Tenure. Vol. Summer 2018. Arlington, VA: AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice.
- De Jong, David, and von Fischer, Paul. The Relationship Between Teacher Perception of Principal Servant Leadership Behavior
and Teacher Job Satisfaction in a Midwest State. Edited by Dr. Phill Bryant. Columbus, Georgia: Servant Leadership: Theory & Practice.
- De Jong, David, and Grundmeyer, Trent. Educational Leadership Simulations: Learning lessons from behind the curtain of educational
leadership. In International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation (IJELP). Vol. 12, Iss. Spring 2018. Collected half of the data, wrote half of the manuscript, corresponded
with editors. N/A: National Council of Professors in Educational Administration (NCPEA).