Sociocultural and linguistic anthropology, Native Studies, belief and ritual, ethnohistory,
history of anthropology/anthropological theory, Native North America, Lakota Studies,
ethnicity and identity
Lakota belief and ritual, ethnohistory, and language
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Posthumus, David. The Revenant. Edited by Thomas Prasch, 56-58. Vol. 40, Iss. 1 (Spring 2017). Topeka, KS: Kansas History: A Journal of the Central Plains , 2017.
- Posthumus, David, and Andersson, Rani-Henrik. "I Drew the North Wind through His Body": Lakota Healing Traditions from 1850 to the
21st Century. In Indigenous Healing Traditions, edited by Kalle Kananoja and Jussi Hokkanen. Helsinki: Finnish Literature Society SKS, 2017.
- Posthumus, David. Learning Lakota: Ma?píya Lúta Lak?ól'iyapi Wóu?spewi?hakhiyapi: Teaching Lakota to
Red Cloud Students. Pine Ridge, SD: Red Cloud Indian School, 2017.
- Posthumus, David. Hereditary Enemies? An Examination of Sioux-Arikara Relations Prior to 1830. Edited by Kacy Hollenback and Richard Krause, 361-382. Vol. 61, Iss. 240. Laramie, WY: Plains Anthropologist, 2016. (DOI: 10.1080/00320447.2016.1245960)
- Posthumus, David. A Lakota View of Pte Oyáte (Buffalo Nation). In Bison and People on the North American Great Plains: A Deep Environmental History, edited by Geoff Cunfer and Bill Waiser. College Station, TX: Texas A&M University Press - "Connecting the Greater West" series, 2016.
- Posthumus, David. Jimmy P: Psychotherapy of a Plains Indian. Edited by Thomas Prasch, 121-123. Vol. 38, Iss. 2. Topeka, KS: Kansas History: A Journal of the Central Plains , 2015.
- Posthumus, David. All My Relatives: Exploring Nineteenth-Century Lakota Ontology and Belief. Vol. 64, Iss. 3. Durham, NC: Ethnohistory.
- Posthumus, David. All My Relatives: Exploring Lakota Ontology, Belief, and Ritual. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press.