My work examines organizational behaviors creating and maintaining inclusive sport
and physical activity spaces.
Sport Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Sport Finance, Experiential Learning
Organizational Behavior in Sport and Physical Activity, Diversity and Inclusion, Physical
Activity for Health and Wellness, Statistics/ Quantitative Methods
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Kwon, Mizzo, Pickett, Andrew, Lee, Yunsoo, and Lee, Seungjong. Neighborhood Physical Environments, Recreational Wellbeing, and Psychological Health. Applied Research in Quality of Life, 2018. (DOI: 10.1007/s11482-018-9591-6)
- Pickett, Andrew, and Cunningham, George B.. The fat leading the thin: Relative body size, physical activity identification, and
behavioral intentions, 1-12. Vol. 10, Iss. 1. Urbana, IL: Journal of Applied Sport Management, 2018. (DOI: 10.18666/JASM-2018-V10-I1-8290)
- Cunningham, George B., and Pickett, Andrew. Trans Prejudice in Sport: Differences from LGB Prejudice, the Influence of Gender,
and Changes over Time, 220-227. Vol. 78, Iss. 3-4. Sex Roles, 2018. (DOI: 10.1007/s11199-017-0791-6)
- Pickett, Andrew, Valdez, Danny, and Barry, Adam E.. Psychometrics matter in Health Behavior: A long-term reliability generalization study., 544-552. Vol. 45, Iss. 5. American Journal of Health Behavior, 2017. (DOI: 10.5993/AJHB.41.5.3)
- Pickett, Andrew, and Cunningham, George B.. Creating inclusive physical activity spaces: The case of body positive yoga., 329-338. Vol. 88, Iss. 3. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 2017. (DOI: 10.1080/02701367.2017.1335851)
- Pickett, Andrew, and Cunningham, George B.. Physical Activity for Every Body: A Conceptual Model for Creating Body Diverse Exercise
Spaces, 19-36. Vol. 69, Iss. 1. Quest, 2017. (DOI: 10.1080/00336297.2016.1145129)
- Smith, Natalie, Cohen, Adam, and Pickett, Andrew. Exploring the motivations and outcomes of long-term international sport-for-development
volunteering for American Millennials., 299-316. Vol. 19, Iss. 3-4. Journal of Sport & Tourism, 2016. (DOI: 10.1080/14775085.2016.1143865)
- Pickett, Andrew, Goldsmith, Andrew G., Damon, Zack J., and Walker, Matthew. The Influence of Sense of Community on the Perceived Value of Physical Activity: A
Cross- Context Analysis, 199-214. Vol. 38, Iss. 3. Leisure Sciences, 2016. (DOI: 10.1080/01490400.2015.1090360)
- Cunningham, George B., Pickett, Andrew, Melton, E. Nicole, Lee, Woojun, and Miner, Kathi. Free to be me: Psychological safety and expression of sexual orientation personal
identity. In Routledge handbook of sport, gender and sexuality, edited by J. Hagreaves & E. Anderson, 406-415. New York, NY: Routledge, 2014.