Julia Marin Hellwege is an Assistant Professor of Political Science at University
of South Dakota. Her research focuses on institutional behavior and representation,
in particular in relation to gender, race, and ethnicity. She received her Ph.D.
and M.A. in political science from University of New Mexico and her Bachelor's degree
from Colorado Mesa University.
Congress, Presidency, Campaigns & Democracy, Representation, Women & Politics, Identity
Institutional behavior, legislative politics, gender politics, race/ethnicity and
politics, Latino politics, mixed methods research
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Hellwege, Julia, Bowling, Jeremy, and Gonzalez, Andrew. Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines and Across the Campus. In 2017 APSA Teaching and Learning Conference and Track Summaries, 849-851. Vol. 50, Iss. 3. PS: Political Science and Politics, 2017.
- Huyser, Kimberly R., Perez, Jillian M., Ybarra, Vickie, Hellwege, Julia Marin, and Sanchez, Lisa M.. Differential Influence of the Great Recession on Political Participation among Race
and Ethnic Groups. Social Science Quarterly, 2017.
- Marin Hellwege, Julia, and Sierra, Christine M.. "Advantages and Disadvantages for Latina Officeholders: The Case of New Mexico. In Latinas in American Politics: Shaping the Future of American Politics, edited by Sharon A. Navarro, Samantha L. Hernandez, and Leslie A. Navarro. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2016.
- Rocca, Michael S., Amlani, Sharif, Marin Hellwege, Julia, and Sanchez, Lisa M.. Crony Capitalism, Corruption and the Economy in the State of New Mexico. Committee for Economic Development, 2016.
- Atkeson, Lonna R., Stewart III, Charles, Adams, Alex N., and Marin Hellwege, Julia. Assessing Electoral Performance in the Bernalillo 2014 General Election. Albuquerque, NM: Center for Study of Voting, Elections, and Democracy, University of New Mexico, 2015.
- Marin Hellwege, Julia. Review Essay on Women's Legislative Representation, 689-697. Vol. 2, Iss. 4. Politics, Groups, and Identities, 2014.