Sustainability, sustainable agriculture, tallgrass prairies, plant ecology
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Barbanell, Ed, Jarchow, Meghann, and Ritter, John. An ecosystem services approach to water resources. Edited by David Gosselin. InTeGrate's Earth-focused Modules and Courses Peer Reviewed Collection, 2016.
- Jarchow, Meghann, Pettersen, Maggie, Kruse, Alexa, Port, Susan, Collier-Wise, Kelsey, Moen, Justin R., and Alexandrescu, Alice. Visioning Vermillion: Shared Stories of Our Future..
- Sweeney, Mark, and Jarchow, Meghann. Using the Missouri River to Integrate Science and Sustainability Across the Curriculum, 5-6. Vol. 6, Iss. 3. National Association of Geoscience Teachers In The Trenches, 2016.
- Millikin, Alice R., Jarchow, Meghann, Olmstead, Karen L., Krentz, Rustan E., and Dixon, Mark. Site preparation drives long-term plant community dynamics in restored tallgrass prairie:
A case study in southeastern South Dakota. Environmental Management, 2016. (DOI: 10.1007/s/00267-016-0736-9)
- Jarchow, Meghann. Using systems thinking to assess environmental justice issues. In Learner-centered Teaching Activities for Environmental and Sustainability Studies, edited by Loren Byrne. Springer International Publishing, 2016.
- Jarchow, Meghann. Spirit Mound as a learning laboratory. Spirit Mound Trust, 2015.
- Dietzel, Ranae, Liebman, Matt, Ewing, Robert, Helmers, Matt, Horton, Robert, Jarchow, Meghann, and Archontoulis, Sotirios. How efficiently do corn- and soybean-based cropping systems use water? A systems modeling
analysis. Global Change Biology, 2015. (DOI: 10.1111/gcb.13101)
- Daign, Aaron L., Zhou, Xiaobo, Helmers, Matthew J., Pederson, Carl H., Horton, Robert, Jarchow, Meghann, and Liebman, Matt. Subsurface drainage nitrate and total reactive phosphorus losses in bioenergy-based
prairies and corn systems. Journal of Environmental Quality, 2015. (DOI: 10.2134/jeq2015.02.0080)
- Dietzel, Ranae, Jarchow, Meghann, and Liebman, Matt. Above- and belowground growth, biomass, and nitrogen use in maize and reconstructed
prairie cropping systems, 1-14. Vol. 55, Iss. March-April. Crop Science, 2015. (DOI: 10.2135/cropsci2014.08.0572)
- Jarchow, Meghann, Liebman, Matt, Dhungel, Shashi, Dietzel, Ranae, Sundberg, David, Anex, Robert P., Thompson, Michael L., and Chua, Teresita. Trade-offs in agronomic, energetic, and environmental performance of corn and prairie
bioenergy cropping systems, 57-71. Vol. 7, Iss. 1. Global Change Biology Bioenergy, 2015. (DOI: 10.1111/gcbb.12096)
- Jarchow, Meghann. Prairie progress at Spirit Mound, 4-5. Spirit Mound Trust, 2014.
- Jarchow, Meghann, and Liebman, Matt. Incorporating prairies into multifunctional landscapes. American Society of Agronomy, 2014.
- Nichols, Virginia A., Miguez, Fernando A., Jarchow, Meghann, Liebman, Matt Z., and Dien, B S.. Comparison of cellulosic ethanol yields from Midwestern maize and reconstructed tallgrass
prairie systems managed for bioenergy, 1550-1560. Vol. 7, Iss. 4. BioEnergy Research, 2014. (DOI: 10.1007/s12155-014-9494-9)
- Jarchow, Meghann, Liebman, Matt, Dhungel, Shashi, Dietzel, Ranae, Sundberg, David, Anex, Robert P., Thompson, Michael L., and Chua, Teresita. Tradeoffs in agronomic, energetic, and environmental performance of prairie and corn
bioenergy cropping systems, 176. Vol. 92. Proceedings of the South Dakota Academy of Science, 2014.
- Jarchow, Meghann, and Liebman, Matt. Nitrogen fertilization increases diversity and productivity of prairie communities
used for bioenergy, 281-289. Vol. 5, Iss. 3. Global Change Biology Bioenergy, 2013.
- Jarchow, Meghann. Tradeoffs in ecosystem services of prairies managed for bioenergy production, 154 pages. Iowa State University, 2012.
- Jarchow, Meghann, Liebman, Matt, Rawat, Vertika, and Anex, Robert P.. Functional group and fertilization affect the composition and bioenergy yields of
prairie plants. Global Change Biology Bioenergy, 2012. (DOI: 10.1111/j.1757-1707.2012.01184.x)
- Kepner, William G., Ramsey, Molly M., Brown, Elizabeth S., Jarchow, Meghann, Dickinson, Katherine J., and Mark, Alan F.. Hydrologic futures: using scenario analysis to evaluate impacts of forecasted land-use
change on hydrologic services, 69. Vol. 3, Iss. 7. Ecosphere, 2012.
- Jarchow, Meghann, and Liebman, Matt. Nutrient enrichment reduces complementarity and increases priority effects in prairies
managed for bioenergy, 381-389. Vol. 36. Biomass and Bioenergy, 2012.
- Jarchow, Meghann, Kubiszewski, Ida, Larsen, GL D., Zdorkowski, Gretchen, Costanza, Robert, Gailans, Stefan R., and , et al.. The future of agriculture and society in Iowa: four scenarios. International Journal
of Agricultural Sustainability, 76-92. Vol. 10. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability, 2012.
- Jarchow, Meghann, and Liebman, Matt. Tradeoffs in biomass and nutrient allocation in prairies and corn managed for bioenergy
production, 1330-1342. Vol. 52. Crop Science, 2012.
- Jarchow, Meghann, Rice, Justin W., Ritson, Rebekah M., and Hargreaves, Sarah K.. Awareness and convenience important in increasing conference sustainability, 253-254. Vol. 6. Sustainability Science, 2011.
- Jarchow, Meghann, and Liebman, Matt. Maintaining multifunctionality as landscapes provide ecosystem services, 262. Vol. 5, Iss. 9. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 2011.
- Jarchow, Meghann, and Liebman, Matt. Incorporating prairies into multifunctional landscapes: establishing and managing
prairies for enhanced environmental quality, livestock grazing and hay production,
bioenergy production, and carbon sequestration. Iss. PMR 1007. Ames, IA: Iowa State University University Extension, 2010.
- Jarchow, Meghann, and Cook, Bradley J.. Allelopathy as a mechanism for the invasion of Typha angustifolia, 113-124. Vol. 204. Plant Ecology, 2009.
- Soluk, Eva L., Jarchow, Meghann, and Carlisle, Jay. Declines in prairie bird populations following tallgrass prairie restoration. South Dakota Bird Notes.