Dr. Rich Braunstein is a Professor in the Department of Political Science. He is
a Research Associate at the Government Research Bureau and Director of USD's Graduate
Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
Public law, race and justice, conflict resolution and nonprofit management.
American Indian criminal justice, community policing and voting rights.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Braunstein, Richard, and Schantz, Tobias. Rapid City Police Department and the Native Community in Rapid City: Examining Policing
Trends, Community Opinions and Best Practices, 88. Agency Report for the Rapid City Police Department, 2015.
- Nordyke, Shane, Anderson, William, Braunstein, Richard, Fairholm, Matthew, and Palmer, Daniel. A Non-traditional PhD Program in a Traditional World: A Story of Blended Strategies
and Students. Vol. 7, Iss. 3. Journal of Political Science Education, 2011.
- Nordyke, Shane, Anderson, William, and Braunstein, Richard. SD 2010-02: Review of South Dakota's Non-State Trunk Road Inventory and Cultural Inventory..
- Nordyke, Shane, Braunstein, Richard, Benson, Nicholas, and Peterson, Douglas. SD2009-03 Evaluation of Driver Education in South Dakota..
- Braunstein, Richard, and Anderson, William. A Research Note on American Indian Criminal Justice. Vol. 32, Iss. 4. American Indian Culture and Research Journal, 2008.
- Braunstein, Richard, and Anderson, William. Understanding Contextual Differences in American Indian Criminal Justice. In American Indian Culture and Research Journal,. Vol. 32, Iss. 4. American Indian Culture and Research Journal,, 2008.
- Molina, Tony, Smith, Elizabeth, and Braunstein, Richard. Promoting Student Political Engagement and Awareness at the University of South Dakota. In Peer Review, 22-24. Vol. 10, Iss. 2/3..
- Braunstein, Richard, and Schweinle, Amy. Explaining race disparities in South Dakota sentencing and incarceration, 440-474. Vol. 50, Iss. 3. South Dakota Law Review, 2005.
- Pommersheim, Frank, Braunstein, Richard, and Feimer, Steve. A Review of South Dakota Criminal Justice: A Study of Racial Disparities. Vol. 48. South Dakota Law Review, 2002.
- Braunstein, Richard. Report of Stakeholder Satisfaction Survey: 2015 Research for South Dakota Department
of Public Safety, 37. Internal report for SDDPS.