Professor Sean M. Kammer is an associate professor of law. Prior to joining the USD
Law faculty, he taught natural resources law courses at Lewis & Clark Law School in
Portland, Oregon and legal history at the University of Nebraska. A graduate of Duke
Law School, Professor Kammer also recently earned his doctor of philosophy in history
from the University of Nebraska.
Natural Resources Law
Minerals and Energy
Advanced Legal Writing
Foundations of Law
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Kammer, Sean. Reserving a Place for Nature on Spaceship Earth: Rethinking the Role of Conservation
Easements. Vol. 86. Columbia Journal of Environmental Law, 2018.
- Kammer, Sean. No-Analogue Future: Challenges for the Laws of Nature in a World without Precedent. Vol. 42. Vermont Law Review, 2017.
- Kammer, Sean. Railroad Land Grants in an Incongruous Legal System: Corporate Subsidies, Bureaucratic
Governance, and Legal Conflict, 1850-1903. Vol. 35. Law and History Review, 2017.
- Kammer, Sean, and Hoffman, Ashley K.. Smoking Out Forest Fire Management: Lifting the Haze of an Unaccountable Congress
and Lighting up a New Law of Fire. Vol. 60. South Dakota Law Review, 2015.
- Kammer, Sean. "No Trespassing": Railroad Land Grants, the Right of Exclusion, and the Origins of
Federal Forest Conservation. Vol. 90. North Dakota Law Review, 2014.
- Kammer, Sean. Coming to Terms with Wilderness: The Wilderness Act and the Problem of Wildlife Restoration, 83-124. Vol. 43, Iss. 1. Portland, OR: Environmental Law, 2013.
- Kammer, Sean. Public Opinion is More than Law: Popular Sovereignty and Vigilantism in the Nebraska
Territory, 309-324. Vol. 31, Iss. 4. Lincoln, NE: Great Plains Quarterly, 2011.
- Kammer, Sean. The Railroads Must Have Ties: A Legal History of Forest Conservation and the Oregon
& California Railroad Land Grant, 1887-1916. Vol. 23, Iss. 1. Western Legal History, 2010.