Make An Impact
National LeaderFor 40 years we have been a national leader in offering addiction, co-occurring, and prevention education that emphasizes state-of-the art, evidence-based approaches to addiction - giving students the skills and knowledge they need to meet the changing needs of the clients and the communities they live in.
- We are nationally accredited through the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC).
- We offer all four of our programs online, and our Bachelor of Science program on campus as well as online.
- Our students far exceed the national pass-rate on the credentialing examination.
- Our curriculum exceeds national standards.
- Excellent job outlook.
- Gain experience in clinical settings, not just classrooms.
- All of our faculty members hold state and national addiction credentials/licensure.
- We are in our 40th year of offering science-and evidence-based addiction education (1973/1974 to 2013/2014).
Earn your degree in Addiction Studies at USD. Embark on a fulfilling career helping others and tackle one of the most serious challenges facing our country.
Frank Zavadil, Department Chair