You'll need to complete coursework and other requirements before submitting an application.
Scored Prerequisite Courses and GPA
- You can find a list of the prerequisite courses required for our program in the USD Undergraduate Catalog.
- ALL prerequisite courses (both unscored and scored prerequisite courses) must be completed or in progress at application deadline, which is February 1, and all must be completed by June 1. Scored prerequisite courses greater than ten (10) years old will not be accepted.
- Department minimum GPA on scored prerequisite courses is 2.5. No applications will be considered with a scored prerequisite GPA lower than 2.5. Applications with final or midterm grades of "D" or lower on any scored prerequisite courses will not be considered. If a course has been repeated, the grade received for the most recent registration will be used in calculating the scored prerequisite grade point average. If you are repeating a scored prerequisite course with a D or lower grade at the application deadline, the midterm grade for the current semester will be used in place of the previous grade. Per Board of Regents policy 2:4, students are allowed to enroll in an undergraduate course no more than three times.
Students From Other Programs
- Students who have been enrolled in any dental hygiene program or who have been enrolled in a USD SHS program are eligible for selection into the USD Dental Hygiene program as long as they have left the program in "good standing." Documentation regarding this status is required from the program Chairperson and must be submitted with the student's application prior to the deadline.
- Due to the requirements of our off-campus clinical facilities, it is necessary that any student accepted to our program must be a U.S. citizen. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the Department