Upon conditional acceptance to USD Nursing, the applicant must submit:
- A $150 non-refundable tuition deposit
- Criminal background checks and drug screening are required as part of conditional admission to all health profession programs.
- Background checks and drug screening will be performed only after the applicant has received notice of conditional acceptance.
- Failure to disclose any previous convictions or charges pending at any point may lead to denial or revocation of admission.
- Felony convictions will result in denial of acceptance to the program and/or eligibility for licensure; misdemeanor convictions may result in denial of acceptance to the program.
- Required Nursing program immunization and physical
protocol. Information will be given prior to enrollment. Compliance and
documentation deadlines must be followed or the applicant's seat in the
class will be forfeited.
- Current CPR certification for Healthcare Providers.
Upon final acceptance to USD Nursing, the student must:
- Purchase computers, uniforms, and lab supplies for their nursing education.
- All USD Nursing students in the Associate of Science Nursing (AS) and 4-year Baccalaureate of Science Nursing (BSN) program learning in the classroom are required to purchase a laptop computer along with the Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Office 365 is available at no charge through USD IT). The University has negotiated discounted pricing for several Fujitsu and HP models. These models must be purchased directly from the USD Fujitsu or HP links. Students choosing to purchase a personal consumer model laptop must comply with all USD Nursing Laptop Requirements.
- Uniform information will be given prior to enrollment.
- Lab supply kits, textbooks, and learning resources are to be purchased at a USD Nursing campus bookstore.
- The USD Nursing student is responsible for personal transportation to clinical locations.
- Maintain health insurance coverage for the duration of the student's program of study.
- Update background check and drug screen annually. Additional background checks and/or drug screening may be required for programmatic clinical experiences.
- Follow all University and Program policies and procedures and meet all University requirements as stated in various documents directed toward students.
- Complete nursing courses within three years from the time of first enrollment in a nursing course.
Nursing program policies and procedures are outlined in the Nursing Student Handbook which can be found linked here or in myUSD Portal. If there are questions regarding these policies, please contact the Program Office.
Failure to meet these terms will jeopardize admission and/or continued enrollment in the Nursing program.
Nursing fees will be included in the tuition bill each semester.