- Social Work Student Club is open to all social work majors and other interested students. This group sponsors social work student activities such as, food drives, clothing drives, speaker's bureau, Social Work Month, internship/job fairs and other activities
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world. Two students are elected each year to serve on the South Dakota chapter of NASW. The South Dakota chapter welcomes student membership and hosts continuing education sessions and a national newsletter.
- Sigma Theta Phi Alpha Honor Society is an honor society for social work students dedicated to excellence in scholarship and high professional standards. Enrolled students are life members and entitled to all lawful rights and privileges of the USD Phi Alpha Honor Society chapter.
There are three scholarships available to students formally admitted into the program: The Elizabeth Booth King Service Scholarship, the Helen Anderson Quirk Scholarship and the Harrington Book Award Scholarship.
- National Association of Social Workers, South Dakota Chapter annual conference held in the spring each year in Sioux Falls.
- National Baccalaureate Program Directors annual conference where undergraduate research posters are presented
- IdeaFest a campus-wide opportunity for both undergraduate and graduate students to present their research
- School of Health Sciences Research Conference an opportunity for both undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Health Sciences to present their research
- CURSA Council on Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Activities provides assistance for students to complete research and participate in service learning projects
Trainings and Trips
- NASW Day at the Capitol - a special day devoted to advocacy training and policy.
- Inter-professional Education Training Day - students learn to work in inter-professional groups in a health care setting. State officials work with students in the classroom on various practice models.
- Disability Awareness Day - students work with community members to educate the campus community on issues of disability.
- Welcome Table - Social Work Club students host one of the weekly meals open to all community members.
- SD Division of CPS - students are trained state professionals.