The following resources are available at the Wegner Health Science Information Center (Wegner Center). The Center for Disabilities is a partner in the Wegner Center. To check out any of these resources, contact the Wegner Center at the address listed below or your local library via interlibrary loan. Please identify yourself as a Center for Disabilities patron when requesting materials from the Wegner Center.
Communication Skills Development
- Baby Signing Time!
This videorecording combines sign-along songs, playful animation, and the positive reinforcement of signing babies to teach communication with American Sign Language (ASL).
Produced by Two Little Hands Productions
Call Number - Wegner Electronic: HV 2476 B115b 2008
- A Coactive Sign System for Deaf-Blind Children
A series of videotapes that teach twelve beginning coactive sign lessons deemed essential for the deaf-blind, as well as backup coactive sign vocabulary designed to supplement and expand the vocabulary of a deaf-blind child.
Produced by SKI-HI Institute
Call Number - Wegner Electronic: WV 271 C652 1991
- Learning American Sign Language: Levels I & II - Beginning and Intermediate
Written by Tom Humphries and Carol Padden with illustrations by Rob Hills, Peggy Lott and Daniel W. Renner
Call Number - Wegner Books: HV 2474 H862 2004
- Promoting Learning Through Active Interaction: A Guide to Early Communication with Young Children who have Multiple Disabilities
Video Produced by Diane M. Klein
Call Number - Wegner Electronic: HV 888 K57 1999
- Cortical Vision Impairment: An Approach to Assessment and Intervention
Written by Christine Roman-Lantzy
Call Number - Wegner Books: WW 600 R758 2007
- Cortical Vision Impairment (CVI) Perspectives
This video explores cortical visual impairment from medical, educational, and personal perspectives.
Produced by American Printing House for the Blind
Call Number - Wegner Electronic: WW 276 C829 2005
- Supporting Young Adults who are Deaf-Blind in Their Communities: A Transition Planning Guide for Service Providers, Families, and Friends
Edited by Jane M. Everson
Call Number - Wegner Books: WV 271 S959 1995
- Welcoming Students who are Deaf-Blind into Typical Classrooms: Facilitating School Participation, Learning, and Friendships
Edited by Norris G. Haring and Lyle T. Romer
Call Number - Wegner Books: WV 271 W442 1995
Wegner Health Science Information Center
1400 West 22nd Street, Suite 100
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57105
605-357-1400 or Toll-Free - 1-800-521-2987