- Accepted through Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS)
- Applications for 2017-2018 academic year will be accepted through November 30, 2016
- Mailed, faxed, or emailed applications will not be acknowledged
Requirements for U.S. or Canadian Medical School Graduates (LCME or AOA-accredited schools)
Complete applications will include:
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- USMLE transcript or COMLEX transcript
Additional Requirements for International Medical Graduates
(including U.S. or Canadian citizens who are graduates of a foreign medical school)
- Scores of 220+ on the first attempt of USMLE Step 1 & Step 2 CK (or similar COMLEX scores)
- Passage of USMLE Step 2 CS on the first attempt with score report available prior to the invitation to interview
- Patient care experience in the U.S. is required, and at least one year is strongly preferred
- Three letters of recommendation, with at least two letters from U.S. physicians with first-hand knowledge of the applicant's clinical experience
- Candidate must be ECFMG certified by February 1, 2017, to be considered for a position starting June 19, 2017
- Fewer than three years since graduation from medical school is strongly preferred, and a candidate is required to provide evidence of continuous work in the medical field since graduation
- The program sponsors J-1 and H1B visas
- To be considered for an H1B visa, candidates must have documentation through ERAS of a passing score on USMLE Step 3 on file by February 1 ("will take", or "score pending" cannot be recognized as a passing score)
All applications are reviewed by Internal Medicine faculty prior to invitation to interview. Communication with all candidates will be strictly through email to arrange the interview.
- Scheduled via email through email@example.com on selected dates from October 2016 through January 2017
- Available interview dates will be conveyed to candidates in invitation to interview
- Interview day begins at 8 a.m. and concludes around 2 p.m.
- Applicants will be interviewed by the Program Director and at least one other faculty member
- Current residents will host a pre-interview dinner the evening prior to interviews and have lunch with applicants and provide tours on interview days
- Hotel information and interview schedule will be emailed following confirmation of interview date
Please do not call to check the status of your application or your USMLE score reports. Notifications of application status will be emailed on a regular basis as applications are reviewed and decisions have been made. Details of decisions cannot be provided on an individual basis due to the number of applications.
Since travel is expensive and your time is valuable, we hope this information helps you make an informed decision about visiting our program. Thank you for your interest.