- Spring 2015: 9:30 a.m., Saturday, May 9, 2015, DakotaDome
- Winter 2015: 10 a.m., December 12, 2015, DakotaDome
Important Parking Information
With the current construction of the Sports Enhancement Performance Center, parking at the DakotaDome is extremely limited. For your safety and convenience, please plan to park in the spacious lot at the Vermillion Technology Center (Duke & Princeton, across from Walmart and behind Hy-Vee). A shuttle - an approximate 3-minute ride - from the center to the Dome will run every 20 minutes between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
If you are completing your degree:
- Complete your Degree Audit Form/Application for Graduation I Graduate School Graduation Forms (myUSD login required)
- Whether or not you are attending the ceremony, you will need to complete the Diploma Order Form (myUSD login required).
(The Diploma Order Form generally becomes available six weeks before your graduation date.)
- If you have received federal Perkins loans, complete the exit exam.
If you are attending the ceremony
- Order regalia from Barnes & Noble by calling 605-677-6291 or visiting the USD Bookstore. Graduates are required to arrive wearing the approved graduation regalia.
- Special needs seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you require assistance, please contact Disability Services.
- There is no limit to the number of guests you may invite to the ceremony, and no tickets are required.
- Please arrive at the Dome dressed in your regalia no later than 45 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Report to the Dome floor. You will need to have your Walking Card. If you have not received your card or have misplaced it, please check in with the Registrar staff when you arrive at the Dome. Marshals will assist you during the procession and throughout the ceremony.
Family & Friends
There is no limit to the number of guests candidates may invite to the ceremony, and no admission tickets are required.
The May and December ceremonies are held in the DakotaDome, with unlimited seating. Seating is available for guests with disabilities on a first-come, first-serve basis, up to 15 minutes before the beginning of the ceremony. Ushers will be available to direct you. If you require special assistance, please contact Disability Services, 605-677-6389.
Length of ceremony
May – two to two and a half hours
December – one to one and a half hours
A professional photographer will take photos of each graduate. Photos may be
purchased directly from the photographer. Guests may take their own photographs during the ceremony, but must remain outside of the candidate seating area, in order to ensure an enjoyable ceremony for all candidates. Guests will have time after the ceremony to take personal photographs on the stage, near the commencement flags and at other spots within and outside of the DakotaDome.
U.Dining provides cakes for graduates.To learn about your options and ordering information contact U.catering at 605.677.5665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also place your order online.
Commencement Program Archive
Commencement Program Archive for access to program booklets from past commencement ceremonies at USD.