- Spring 2017: Saturday, May 6, 2017, 9:30 a.m., DakotaDome
- Winter 2017, TBD
If you are completing your degree:
- Complete your Degree Audit Form/Application for Graduation I Graduate School Graduation Forms (myUSD login required)
- Whether or not you are attending the ceremony, you will need to complete the Diploma Order Form (myUSD login required).
(The Diploma Order Form generally becomes available six weeks before your graduation date.)
- If you have received federal Perkins loans, complete the exit exam.
If you are attending the ceremony
- Order regalia online from Balfour/CB Grads. Graduates are required to arrive wearing the approved graduation regalia.
- Special needs seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you require assistance, please contact Disability Services.
- There is no limit to the number of guests you may invite to the ceremony, and no tickets are required.
- Please arrive at the Dome dressed in your regalia no later than 45 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Candidates should report to the Dakota Dome floor and line up at their designated college/school flag. There will be a marshal present with a walking card indicating your name and the order in which you will line up. If you do not receive a card, Registrar staff will be present to assist you. Marshals will process with you and assist throughout the ceremony.
Family & Friends
There is no limit to the number of guests candidates may invite to the ceremony, and no admission tickets are required.
The May and December ceremonies are held in the DakotaDome, with unlimited seating. Seating is available for guests with disabilities on a first-come, first-serve basis, up to 15 minutes before the beginning of the ceremony. Ushers will be available to direct you. If you require special assistance, please contact Disability Services, 605-677-6389.
Length of ceremony
May – two to two and a half hours
December – one to one and a half hours
A professional photographer will take photos of each graduate. Photos may be
purchased directly from the photographer. Guests may take their own photographs during the ceremony, but must remain outside of the candidate seating area, in order to ensure an enjoyable ceremony for all candidates. Guests will have time after the ceremony to take personal photographs on the stage, near the commencement flags and at other spots within and outside of the DakotaDome.
U.Dining provides cakes for graduates.To learn about your options and ordering information contact U.catering at 605.677.5665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also place your order online.
Commencement Program Archive
Commencement Program Archive for access to program booklets from past commencement ceremonies at USD.