The Student Executive Board is thrilled to invite the Vermillion area community to the annual Dakota Days celebration. Designed with the community and university in mind, the festivities feature various exciting events that strengthen community-campus relations as well as Coyote pride.
To register for the parade, complete the registration form and return with the $10 fee by Friday, Sept. 22 at 5 p.m. to:
University of South Dakota
Dakota Days Committee-Student Services
Muenster University Center
414 E. Clark St.
Vermillion, SD 57069
If you plan on participating in the parade and would like to apply for a sponsorship donation, complete and return the sponsorship application to the above address. *This donation is only available to student organizations.
All entries should read and follow the parade rules and regulations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Parade/Float Registration Form
Marching Band Application
Dakota Days Dignitary RSVP
- Check-in is on the corner of East Main Street and Norbeck Street. Approach check-in station from the east.
- Judging eligible entries check-in by 7:30 a.m. Judging begins at 8 a.m.
- Non-judged entries check-in by 8 a.m.
- Parade line-up will occur in Vermillion High School parking lot and filter out of North parking lot entrance onto Main Street (marked by dotted line)
- The parade route begins near corner of Main Street and Prentis Street and proceeds to the corner of Main Street and Washington Street (marked by solid line.)
- Parade begins at 9 a.m.