American Red Cross Babysitting Certification
||Saturday, December 2
||This event, sponsored by the Vermillion Child Protection Team, will give youth a good foundation for supervising others. Participants will be certified in First Aid, as well as learn basic lifesaving skills. Participants will also learn how to properly care for children. Please bring a doll and lunch with you.
Wellness Days is held on the last Wednesday of each month and is free to the public, as well as to our students and current members. Each month we partner with different organizations to bring you services that will enhance your overall health and wellness. Body compositions and girth measurements will be offered from 12-1 p.m. for all scheduled days and additional activities will also be held from 4-6:30 p.m.
Schedule of Events
||Schedule of Events
There will not be a Wellness Days event in December. Those wanting a body composition done may do so for $3.00 this month only. Stop in room 102 or call 677-88030 to schedule your appointment.
Wellness on Wheels
Looking for an opportunity to provide staff development opportunities for your department or business? The Wellness Center staff is ready to help with Wellness on Wheels workshops. These are designed to fit into a lunch break or staff meeting, and will provide information to increase your staff's health and overall well-being.
$25 per workshop. Workshops will last 30-45 minutes depending on content and participant interaction.
- Zen Fitness: Does your office need a zen makeover? This workshop is a feel-good session that teaches various stress and pain relief techniques such as breathing, meditation and yoga. The class emphasizes "mind over matter" by providing methods that rejuvenate your body, refresh your mind and relax your focus. Also provided are useful breathing mechanics that increase vitality, decrease stress and help you become more mindful.
- Desk Fitness: An office job that requires sitting at a desk all day can wear down and deactivate your body. Keep your body stimulated by getting fit at your desk! This workshop teaches proper seated posture for injury prevention and provides both simple exercises and full-body workouts that increase strength and mental focus while decreasing stress.
- Myofascial Release (Foam Rolling): Flexibility, one of the major components of physical fitness, is essential for keeping a healthy range of motion in your muscles. It is also critical for healing current injuries and preventing future ones. This workshop teaches 15 stretches that will loosen you up from head to toe by incorporating a foam roll into each stretch to assist in myofascial release. Foam rolling exercises use your own body weight to help release tension in the muscles. Learning a repeatable stretch routine that covers all your major muscle groups is perfect for fitness in the workplace.
- Nutrition Basics & Healthy Shopping: In this workshop, we combine three nutrition-based concepts that benefit you and your family's health. You'll learn the importance of carbohydrates, protein and fat in your diet, as well as daily caloric needs, basic label-reading and how to combine foods for healthy snacks. We'll also provide grocery shopping strategies to help maintain a healthy lifestyle and help you choose the best meal options.
- Fitness Outreach - We are happy to work with our instructors to line up a special time for your group to come in for a sample class. Stretching, yoga and Zumba are just some examples of classes that can provide professional development opportunities for your group! Classes are subject to instructor and studio availability.
Schedule a Workshop
Interested in scheduling a workshop for your organization? Fill out a registration form and submit to email@example.com, fax to 605-677-8894 or bring it to room 102 of the Wellness Center.
Workshop Registration Form
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-677-8803.