Community Wellness Days
Sunday, March 19, 2017
10 a.m. - 10 p.m. Free Access to the Wellness Center
10:30-11:15 a.m. - Boot Camp Sampler
1-3 p.m. - Family Fitness - Enjoy Fruit & veggie tasting, kid fitness testing, obstacle course, face painting, family Yoga, games & toddler room activities
1-3 p.m. - Health Fair - Vendors inlcude free floride treatments, free vision screenings, wellness activity, child nutrition & health lungs
1-9 p.m. - Free Rock Wall access
3:30-5:15 p.m. - Fitness Sampler - Classes include LesMills BodyPump, Cycle, Row & Yoga
**Bring a non-member and receive a FREE T-shirt and your name entered for a $25 and $50 Wellness Center Gift Certificate
Middle School Madness
Friday, Mar. 31, 2017
7:30 p.m. check in/8-10 p.m. event
$5 or $3 with non-perishable food item.
Enjoy a night designed just for Middle School students! Activities include dodgeball, volleyball, racquetball, climbing wall and more!
Wellness Days is held on the last Wednesday of each month and is FREE to the public, as well as to our students and current members. Each month we partner with different organizations to bring you services that will enhance your overall health and wellness.
Schedule of Events
- Feb. 22, 2017
- Diabetes Awareness (sponsored by Sanford Health)
- Vision Screening (sponsored by Walmart Vision Center)
- March 29, 2017
- Blood Drive 10 a.m. - 1 p.m./2:30 - 6 p.m.
- Blood Booth (sponsored by Sanford Health)
- Stress Management (sponsored by USD Counseling)
- April 26, 2017
- Informal Massage
- Derma Scan (sponsored by Sanford Health)
- Body Compositions and Girth Measurements
Wellness on Wheels
Looking for an opportunity to provide staff development opportunities for your department or business? The Wellness Center staff is ready to help with Wellness on Wheels workshops. These are designed to fit into a lunch break or staff meeting, and will provide information to increase your staff's health and overall well-being.
Workshops will last 30-45 minutes depending on content and participant interaction.
- USD Department: $20
- Community Organization: $30
- Zen Fitness: Does your office need a Zen makeover? This workshop is a feel-good session that teaches various stress and pain relief techniques such as breathing, meditation and yoga. The class emphasizes "mind over matter" by providing methods that rejuvenate your body, refresh your mind and relax your focus. Also provided are useful breathing mechanics that increase vitality, decrease stress, and help one become more mindful.
- Desk Fitness: An office job that requires sitting at a desk all day can wear down and deactivate your body. Keep your body stimulated by getting fit at your desk! This workshop teaches proper seated posture for injury prevention and provides both simple exercises and full-body workouts that increase strength and mental focus while decreasing stress.
- Myofascial Release (Foam Rolling): Flexibility, one of the major components of physical fitness, is essential for keeping a healthy range of motion in your muscles; it is also critical for healing current injuries and preventing future ones. This workshop teaches 15 stretches that will loosen you up from head to toe by incorporating a foam roll into each stretch to assist in myofascial release. Foam rolling exercises use your own body weight to help release tension in the muscles. Learning a repeatable stretch routine that covers all your major muscle groups is perfect for fitness in the workplace.
- Nutrition Basics & Healthy Shopping: In this workshop, we combine three nutrition-based concepts that benefit you and your family's health. You'll learn the importance of carbohydrates, protein and fat in your diet, as well as daily caloric needs, basic label reading and how to combine foods for healthy snacks. We'll also provide grocery shopping strategies to help maintain a healthy lifestyle and help you choose the best meal options.
Schedule a Workshop
Interested in scheduling a workshop for your organization? Fill out a registration form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 605-677-8894, or bring it to Room 102 of the Wellness Center.
Workshop Registration Form
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 605-677-8803.