Youth Basketball (Registration closed for 2016-17 academic year)
The Wellness Center offers youth basketball leagues for Grades 1 - 6 is played on Saturday mornings during the fall. Return registration form along with payment to room 102 at the USD Wellness Center.
- 1 - 2 Grade Boys (Jan. 7-Feb. 4, 2017); deadline Dec. 9, 2016
- 1 - 2 Grade Girls (Jan. 7-Feb. 4, 2017); deadline Dec. 9, 2016
- 3 - 4 Grade Boys (Jan. 7-Feb. 4, 2017); deadline Dec. 9, 2016
- 3 - 4 Grade Girls (Jan.7-Feb. 4, 2017); deadline Dec. 9, 2016
- 5 - 6 Grade Boys ( Oct. 22-Dec 10, 2016); deadline Oct. 7, 2016
- 5 - 6 Grade Girls (Oct. 22-Dec 10, 2016); deadline Oct. 7, 2016
- Six games will be played on Saturday mornings 9 a.m. - noon on dates posted above
- Cost - $55 (includes tax) per child. There will be a $5 discount offered for multiple child registrations
- A Skills Camp will be held prior to each season. Camps will be held on Saturday mornings
- All coaches are volunteer positions
- Head coaches will receive $10 discount. Each head coach can have one assistant coach. Assistant’s child will be placed on head coach’s team.
- Teams will decided by a draft of head coaches
- Referees will be used for 3-4 grade and 5-6 grade divisions
- 1-2 Grade games played half court on 8 foot hoops in a 3 vs. 3 format
- 3-6 Grade games played full court on regular sized hoops
- For more information, contact Steve Mayer (Steve.Mayer@usd.edu), Wellness Center director, at 677-8804
Youth Swim Lessons
We are committed to offering quality swim lessons and are compliant with the American Red Cross Swim Lesson standards. American Red Cross courses offer something for everyone. Through a progressive approach, participants learn a variety of strokes, including the front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly. They are also introduced to a wide range of personal safety skills and diving techniques. Courses are fun and interactive with hands-on training.
More Youth Swim Lesson Information