Chemistry Students, Professor Receive Awards from American Chemical Society Sioux Valley Section
One of 184 Local Sections of ACS, members of the Sioux Valley Local Section come from all over the state of South Dakota and parts of Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota. ACS Local Sections promote public awareness of chemistry by being involved in community outreach programs and by working with students of chemistry and science.
The ACS Sioux Valley Local Section awarded the following students and professor from USD with awards.
2023 Graduate Student Research Excellence Award
- Nisitha Wellala Wilewantha, Ph.D candidate in materials chemistry
- Samuel Fosu, Ph.D. candidate in materials chemistry
- Rina Bhowmick, Ph.D. candidate in materials chemistry
2023 Outstanding Senior Undergraduate Award
- Nathan Loutsch, student in the accelerated B.S./M.S. chemistry program
2023 Diversity and Outreach Award
- Zhengiang Wang, Ph.D., professor of chemistry