- President's Offer Day-Of Tickets. All USD employees can claim free tickets to any USD athletics event that is not sold out, and faculty and staff can also access free tickets to shows through the Department of Theatre. Keep an eye on your email for these offers or visit Coyote OneStop to request tickets.
- Howling Pack. If you want to maximize your experience with Coyote Athletics, joining the Howling Pack is a great way to do that! Howling Pack memberships include a variety of benefits ranging from ticket purchase priority to exclusive event invites and discounts at USD Charlie’s Store
Here are a few highlightable benefits you should know about.
- Paid Family Leave. This benefit provides eligible state employees with up to 12 weeks of paid leave following the birth or placement of a child for adoption. This program is intended to help provide parents with the means to spend critical bonding time with the child. For more information about this program, call the USD HR office at (605) 659-3660.
- Reduced Tuition. After a full year working at USD, benefit-eligible employees who can demonstrate residency in South Dakota can access a reduced tuition rate for on-campus courses. Learn more by contacting Admissions@usd.edu or GradAdmissions@usd.edu.
- Paid Employee Health Insurance. Eligible state employees and their families will have access to four options, including a zero deductible health plan, a low deductible health plan and two high deductible health plans. Learn more in the BHR Benefits Guide.
- Retirement Benefits. Full time employees receive a 6% fully matched contribution to the South Dakota Retirement System (401a), which is a cost sharing, multiple employer, public employee retirement system. SDRS benefits are based on the member's final average compensation, the member's years of credited service and a benefit multiplier. Retirement benefits are payable for member's lifetime. Surviving spouse benefits are also available.
One of the trademarks of our USD community is our passion for learning. Our students and employees alike are lifelong learners, and we want you to have opportunities to continue developing professionally.
Here are a few professional development opportunities in the USD and Vermillion communities.
- Lunch & Learns. Each month during the academic year, the USD President's Office sponsors a Lunch & Learn. This is an opportunity for faculty and staff to come together over a meal to learn about the university, campus changes and more. Look for events at USD's campus in Vermillion, in Sioux Falls and via livestream. Keep an eye on your email for invites to these events.
- REDTalks. The Vermillion Chamber & Development Company (VCDC) hosts a business luncheon series called REDTalks. Follow the VCDC on Facebook to stay up to date on upcoming events.
- Toastmasters. Looking to improve or practice your communication skills? Join USD's chapter of the Toastmasters International Club.
- Vermillion NEXT. Vermillion NEXT is a young professionals network for emerging leaders seeking to engage young professionals in the community. Learn more about Vermillion NEXT online. There are also similar opportunities offered in neighboring communities, such as the Sioux Falls Young Professionals Network.
- Brown Bag Lecture Series. Several departments at USD host lectures and seminars to share knowledge with our community. One example is a brown bag lecture series offered by the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs.
- Coffee Hour. Network with colleagues and others in the community at the VCDC's Coffee Hour events. Follow the VCDC on Facebook to stay up to date on upcoming events.
- HR Trainings. USD Human Resources offers a number of professional development and training opportunities for faculty and staff throughout the year. You can find a schedule of sessions — including opportunities in Vermillion, in Sioux Falls and online — and register for those events through the HR Training for Faculty and Staff form in Coyote One Stop.
- President's Executive Leadership Institute. Through this unique professional development opportunity for campus-based administrators and leaders, program fellows will learn about issues facing higher education broadly and the University of South Dakota specifically. Learn more about PELI.
Five graduate students in the University of South Dakota Beacom School of Business received scholarships through the Institute of Management Accountants’ CMA Scholarship Program.
The University of South Dakota is proud to announce that 12 students received 2024 Undergraduate Research Awards for excellence in creative scholarship and research.
Five students in the University of South Dakota College of Fine Arts – Abigail Van Osdel, Cailey Schendel, Cassie Heintz, Jaclyn Laprath and Taylor Titze – are presenting a Bachelor of Fine Arts graduation exhibition, “The Road Less Traveled,” now through Dec. 8 in the John A. Day Gallery in the Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts.
Departments & Facilities
Auxiliary Services is responsible for all business services including USD Copy Center, Postal Services and airplane, and it is also responsible for reviewing all contracts entered into by university departments.
Coyote One Stop gives you easy access to ask questions and browse a comprehensive service catalog for your informational and support needs.
USD is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone.
Disability Services is committed to providing services and support to ensure that students are able to access and participate in all of the activities, programs and services at USD. Our services are available to students with a qualifying and documented learning, physical or psychological disability.
Financial Affairs manages financial matters at the University of South Dakota, including oversight of Accounting, Budget & Finance and the Business Office.
Human Resources works to recruit and retain individuals who share our values and support our mission. Our over 1,200 employees represent a diverse group of educators, researchers, administrators and support staff. Human Resources provides support to cultivate the careers of all our employees through educational and professional development.
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides technology support for USD's students, faculty and staff.
The Office of Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment (IRPA) supports the university community by providing information, services, and data analysis that inform and enhance strategic decision-making.
The Marketing Communications & University Relations office provides USD’s colleges, schools, departments and centers with strategic marketing direction and content creation to support and promote the image and mission of the University of South Dakota.