Applied and Psychological Statistics
including multivariate, longitudinal data analysis, experimental design, regression
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Newland, Lisa, Giger, Jarod T., Lawler, Michael J., Roh, Soonhee, Brockevelt, Barbara, and Schweinle, Amy. Multilevel Analysis of Child and Adolescent Subjective Well-Being across 14 Countries:
Child- and Country-Level Predictors. In Children's Subjective Well-Being. Child Development, 2018.
- Brown-Rice, Kathleen, Scholl, Jamie L., Fercho, Kelene A., Pearson, Kami, Kallsen, Noah A., Davies, Gareth, Ehli, Erik, Olson, Seth, Schweinle, Amy, Baugh, Lee A., and Forster, Gina. Neural and psychological characteristics of college students with alcoholic parents
differ depending on current alcohol use, 284-296. Vol. 81. PROGRESS IN NEURO-PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY & BIOLOGICAL PSYCHIATRY, 2018. (DOI: 10.1016/j.pnpbp.2017.09.010)
- Schweinle, Amy, Sudhagoni, Ramu, Schweinle, William, and Lawler, Michael J.. School Survey of Policy, Training, and Education Regarding Child Maltreatment. Presented to Center for Prevention of Child Maltreatment Advisory Board, 2017.
- Schweinle, Amy, Sudhagoni, Ramu, Schweinle, William, and Lawler, Michael J.. Jolene's Law Advisory Board: Follow-Up Survey of Mandatory Reporters. Presented to Center for Prevention of Child Maltreatment Advisory Board, 2017.
- Bardhoshi, Gerta, Duncan, Kelly, and Schweinle, Amy. Predictors of Parent Involvement and their Impact on Accessing Postsecondary Education
Facilitators. Vol. 14, Iss. 4. Journal of School Counseling, 2016.
- Schwery, Denise, Hulac, David, and Schweinle, Amy. Understanding the gender gap in mathematics achievement: The role of self-efficacy
and stereotype threat., 386-396. Vol. 10, Iss. 4. School Psychology Forum: Research in Practice, 2016.
- Schweinle, Amy, Lawler, Michael J., Schweinle, William, and Sudhagoni, Ramu. Jolene's Task Force: Results of 2014 School Survey. In Presented to Jolene's Task Force of the SD Legislature..
- Bjornestad, Andrea, Schweinle, Amy, and Elhai, Jon D.. Measuring secondary traumatic stress symptoms in military spouses With the PTSD Checklist
Military Version (PCL-M)., 864-869. Vol. 202, Iss. 12. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 2014. (DOI: 10.1097/NMD.0000000000000213)
- Bardhoshi, Gerta, Schweinle, Amy, and Duncan, Kelly. Understanding the impact of school factors on school counselor burnout: A mixed methods
study, 426-443. Vol. 4, Iss. 5. Greensboro, NC: The Professional Counselor, 2014. (DOI: doi:10.15241/gb.4.5.426)
- Stachowitz, Annie L., Choi, Hee-sook, and Schweinle, Amy. The Use of the BASC-2 for the Screening of Female Adolescents At-Risk of Developing
an Eating Disorder, 1063-1075. Vol. 51, Iss. 10. Psychology in the Schools, 2014. (DOI: 10.1002/pits.21804)
- Schweinle, Amy, Engel, Sarah, Jiang, Xue, Schley, Elizabeth, and Tramp, Danelle. Fifth-grade students' motivation to learn: Mathematics and English. Vermillion, SD: Submitted to Gayville-Volin School District and Beadle Elementary, Yankton, SD, 2014. (DOI: 10.1080/01443410.2013.785049 )
- Schweinle, Amy, Engel, Sarah, Jiang, Xue, Schley, Elizabeth, and Tramp, Danelle. Fifth-grade students' motivation to learn: Mathematics and English. Submitted to Gayville-Volin Schools and Beadle Elementary, Yankton, 2014.
- Schweinle, Amy, Berg-Poppe, Patti, and Sorenson, Ashley R.. Preadolescent Perceptions of Challenging and Difficult Course Activities and Their
Motivational Distinctions, 797-816. Vol. 33, Iss. 7. Educational Psychologist, 2013. (DOI: 10.1080/01443410.2013.785049)
- Schweinle, Amy, and Helming, Luralyn. Success and motivation among college students., 529-546. Vol. 14, Iss. 1. Social Psychology of Education: An International Journal, 2011. (DOI: 10.1007/s11218-011-9157-z)
- Elhai, J. D., Engadahl, R. M., Palmieri, P. A., Naifeh, J. A., Schweinle, Amy, and Jacobs, Gerard. Assessing posttraumatic stress disorder with or without reference to a single, worst
traumatic event: Examining differences in factor structure, 629-634. Vol. 21. Psychological Assessment, 2009.
- Rieck, M., and Schweinle, Amy. Correlation of Emotion and Food Choice in College Students.. In Submitted to Aramark Food Services at the University of South Dakota. Vermillion, SD: University of South Dakota, 2009.
- Schweinle, Amy, Reisetter, M. F., and Stokes, V.. Elements of engagement for successful learning, 774-806. Vol. 14, Iss. 4. The Qualitative Report, 2009.
- Schweinle, Amy, and Bjornestad, Andrea. Flow theory. In Psychology of Classroom Learning: An Encyclopedia, edited by Anderman, E., 413-416. Vol. 1. Detroit, MI: Macmillan , 2009.
- Schweinle, Amy, and Mims, Grace. Mathematics self-efficacy: Stereotype threat versus resilience., 501-514. Vol. 12, Iss. 3. Social Psychology of Education: An International Journal, 2009.
- Schweinle, Amy. Understanding young adolescents' optimal experiences in academic settings, 125-146. Vol. 77, Iss. 2. Journal of Experimental Education, 2009.
- Nelson, Deb, Kennedy, Beverly, Regnerus, Carissa, and Schweinle, Amy. Accuracy of Automated Blood Pressure Monitors, 35. Vol. 82, Iss. 4. Chicago, Ill: Journal of Dental Hygiene, 2008.
- Long, M. E., Elhai, J. D., Schweinle, Amy, Gray, M. J., Grubaugh, A. L., and Frueh, B. C.. Differences in posttraumatic stress disorder diagnostic rates and symptom severity
between Criterion A1 and non-Criterion A1 stressors., 1255-1263. Vol. 22. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 2008.
- Morrison, Marcia, Gosmire, Doreen, and Schweinle, Amy. Effective professional development for rural educators: An in-depth glance.. In DIAL's interactive learning campus: Connecting, learning, and sharing, edited by D. Gosmire & M. Grady. Wessington Springs, SD: Dakota Interactive Academic Link, 2008.
- Schweinle, Amy, and Stokes, Valerie. Sleep and academic functioning. In Growth: The Journal of the Association for Christians in Student Development, 27-37. Vol. 7. Growth: The Journal of the Association for Christians in Student Development, 2007.
- Schweinle, Amy. Fifth-grade mathematics students' motivation to learn. In Submitted to Sioux Falls School District. Vermillion, SD: University of South Dakota, 2006.
- Schweinle, Amy, Reisetter, Marcia, and Stokes, V.. Freshman student engagement at USD.. In Submitted to the University of South Dakota. Vermillion, SD: University of South Dakota, 2006.
- Schweinle, Amy, and Nelson, Sharon. Can challenging classes be enjoyable?, 41-45. Vol. 9, Iss. 2. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 2005.
- Braunstein, Richard, and Schweinle, Amy. Explaining race disparities in South Dakota sentencing and incarceration, 440-474. Vol. 50, Iss. 3. South Dakota Law Review, 2005.
- DeCino, Daniel, Schweinle, Amy, and Chesnut, Steven. Joleen's Law: Mandatory Reporter Survey Results..
- Schweinle, Amy. Accuracy of Teachers' Perceptions of the Students. Teacher Education and Practice.