Dr. Brockevelt is Chair and Professor of Occupational Therapy. She has over 30 years
of experience as an occupational therapist and 20 years as an educator/scholar. Dr.
Brockevelt was instrumental in developing the occupational therapy program at USD
and in securing licensure for the practice of occupational therapy in SD. In 2013
she was named to the American Occupational Therapy Roster of Fellows.
Child development; kinesiology and biomechanical foundations of occupation; healthcare
leadership and management; qualitative research
Child & Infant Mental Health, Sensory Function in Children, Scholarship of Teaching
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Newland, Lisa, Giger, Jarod T., Lawler, Michael J., Roh, Soonhee, Brockevelt, Barbara, and Schweinle, Amy. Multilevel Analysis of Child and Adolescent Subjective Well-Being across 14 Countries:
Child- and Country-Level Predictors. In Children's Subjective Well-Being. Child Development, 2018.
- Brockevelt, Barbara L., Cerny, Shana L., Newland, Lisa A., and Lawler, Michael J.. Activities within an Ecological, Relationship-Based Model of Children's Subjective
Well-Being, 1-20. Vol. First Online. Child Indicators Research, 2018. (DOI: 10.1007/s12187-018-9563-2)
- Feldhacker, Diana, Cerny, Shana, Brockevelt, Barbara, and Lawler, Michael J.. Occupations and Well-being of Children and Youth. In Handbook of Leisure, Recreation, Physical Activity, Sports, and Quality of Life, edited by Lia Rodriguez de la Vega and Walter N. Toscano. Springer, 2018.
- Lawler, Michael J., Choi, Changyong, Yoo, Joan, Lee, Juyeon, Roh, Soonhee, Newland, Lisa, Jarod, Giger T., Sudhagoni, Ramu, Brockevelt, Barbara, and Bong Joo, Lee. Children's subjective well-being in rural communities of South Korea and the United
States, 158-164. Vol. 85. Children and Youth Services Review, 2018. (DOI: 10.1016/j.childyouth.2017.12.023)
- Lawler, Michael J., Newland, Lisa, Giger, Jarod T., Roh, Soonhee, and Brockevelt, Barbara. Ecological, Relationship-Based Model of Children's Subjective Well-Being: Perspectives
of 10-year-old Children in the United States and 10 Other Countries, 1-18. Vol. 10. Child Indicators Research, 2017. (DOI: 10.1007/s12187-016-9376-0)
- Nissen, Ranelle, and Brockevelt, Barbara. The Effect of Education on Student Perceptions about Telehealth. International Journal of Health Sciences , 2016.
- Brockevelt, Barbara. A comparison of the Sensory Profile scores of children with autism and an age-and
gender-matched sample. Edited by Keith Hanson, MD, 459; 461; 463-465. Vol. 66, Iss. 11. Sioux Falls, SD: South Dakota Medicine, 2013.
- Seefeldt, Teresa, Mort, Jane, Brockevelt, Barbara, Giger, Jarod T., Jordre, Becca, Lawler, Michael J., Nilson, Wade, Svien, Lana, and . A Pilot Study of Interprofessional Case Discussions for Health Professions Students
Using the Virtual World Second Life.. Edited by Robin M. Zavod, PhD, 224-231. Vol. 4. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, 2012. (DOI: 10.1016/j.cptl.2012.05.007)
- Brockevelt, Barbara, and Brydl-Andrews, Holly. Occupational Therapy Student Perceptions of Concept Mapping as a Learning Tool. Edited by Elizabeth Lannigan, 1-4. Bethesday, MD: American Occupational Therapy Association, 2011.
- Brockevelt, Barbara. Enabling participation: Perspectives of Adolescents with Visual Impairment and Their
Families. Sydney : World Federation of Occupational Therapists, 2006.
- Brockevelt, Barbara. Promoting Pediatric Wellness: A Community Service Learning Experience.. In Action for Health in a New Millennium. Stockholm: World Federation of Occupational Therapists, 2002.
- Barnett, Debra, and Brockevelt, Barbara. Guidelines for Provision of Physical and Occupational Therapy in Educational Settings.
Pierre, SD: South Dakota .. Pierre, SD: South Dakota Division of Education, Section for Special Education., 1988.
- Brockevelt, Barbara, Morey, Jeanette, and Stuart, Sheila. Feeding and Swallowing: Normal Development, Assessment & Treatment.. Sioux Falls, SD: Center for Disabilities, 1985.
- Cross, Audrey, Brockevelt, Barbara, Kruisselbrink, Allison R., Triplett, Annika S., and Flett, Jessica M.. The effectiveness of Dynavision training to improve visual motor skills of collegiate
athletes: A pilot study. Gazetta Medica Italiana Archivio Per Le Sienze Mediche.