Churchill-Haines Labs 168B
Phone: (605) 677-5212
- Teaching Credential, Life Science , San Jose State University, 1998
- MS, Biology, San Jose State University, 1995
- BS, Environmental Biology, San Jose State University, 1993
Licensures and Certifications:
- Life Science Teaching Credential, San Jose State University
- Determination of Master Regulatory Genes Controlling Senescence in Muscle, South Dakota Board of Regents Competitive Research Grant Program, Track I. Grant Role: Supporting. Grant Role: Supporting. (2019 - 2020)
- Crassulacean Acid Metabolism (CAM) Transcription Factor Based Genetic Engineering to Improve Drought Stress Response in C3 Plants, South Dakota Board of Regents Competitive Research Grant Program, Track I. Grant Role: Supporting. (2017 - 2019)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Izuegbunam, Chinenye L., Wijewantha, Nisitha, Wone, Beate, Ariyarathne, Madhavi, Sereda, Grigoriy, and Wone, Bernard. A nano-biomimetic transformation system enables in planta expression of a reporter gene in mature plants and seeds. Nanoscale Advances, 2021. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/D1NA00107H)
- Amin, Atia B., Rathnayake, Kumudu N., Yim, Won C., Gracia, Travis M., Wone, Beate, Cushman, John C., and Wone, Bernard. Crassulacean Acid Metabolism Abiotic Stress-Responsive Transcription Factors: A Potential Genetic Engineering Approach for Improving Crop Tolerance to Abiotic Stress. Frontiers in Plant Science, section Plant Systems and Synthetic Biology, 2019. (DOI: 10.3389/fpls.2019.00129)
- Wone, Bernard, Kinchen, Jason M., Kaup, Elana R., and Wone, Beate. A procession of metabolic alterations accompanying muscle senescence in Manduca sexta. Scientific Reports, 2018. (DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-19630-5)
- Wone, Bernard, and Wone, Beate. Movements, home range, and activity patterns of the horned lizard, Phrynosoma mcallii, 679-686. Vol. 37. J Herp, 2003.
- Wone, Beate, Wone, Bernard, Bros, S, and Kutilek, M. Habitat use of the flat-tailed horned lizard (Phrynosoma mcallii) in a disturbed environment, 210-216. Vol. 32. J Herp, 1998.
- Wone, Bernard, and Wone, Beate. Observations on the escape behavior of the horned lizard Phrynosoma mcallii, 132. Vol. 26. Herp Review, 1995.
Awards and Honors:
- Nominated for Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching University of South Dakota, 2018
- Nominated for Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of South Dakota, 2017
- Nominated for Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of South Dakota, 2016
- Award for Teaching Excellence, Truckee Meadows Community College, 2007
- Teacher of the Year, Broadway High School, 2001
- Amin, Atia B., Gracia, Travis M., Wone, Beate, Cushman, John C., Wone, Bernard. Functional characterization of a Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi MYB transcription factor putatively involved in regulation of the crassulacean acid metabolism (CAM). Presented at the Plant Biology 2018, Montreal, Canada. (July 2018)
- Wone, Beate, Kinchen, Jason M., Kaup, Elana R., Wone, Bernard. Time course metabolic profiling of senescing flight muscles in the hawk moth, Manduca sexta. Presented at the Experimental Biology Annual Meeting. (April 2017)
- Wone, Beate, Kinchen, Jason M., Kaup, Elana R., Wone, Bernard. Metabolic changes underpinning aging flight muscles in the hawk moth, Manduca sexta. Presented at the American Physiological Society Intersociety Meeting: The Integrative Biology of Exercise , Phoenix, AZ. (November 2016)