I have been with USD in the Department of Physical Therapy since 2008. Prior to my
time here I worked in northern Minnesota in a rural general outpatient setting and
in central Minnesota managing and practicing in a rural rehab department.
I am board certified in geriatric physical therapy and direct our Geriatric Physical
Therapy course as well as contributing to multiple courses where components of aging
are relevant. I direct content related to basic patient/client management and differential
diagnosis in the first year of study and advise multiple student research projects
each year. I enjoy being involved in patient simulations and service-learning opportunities.
The focus of my research is healthy aging. I work with the National Senior Games Association
to screen and analyze the physical function of their athletes (all over age 50). These
athletes and their achievements inspire me every day!
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Jordre, Becca, and Schweinle, William. Fall History and Associated Physical Performance Measures in Competitive Senior Athletes, 1-16. Vol. 32, Iss. 1. Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation, 2016.
- Jordre, Becca. Are Your Athletes Safe? The Senior Fitness Exam (SAFE). GeriNotes, 2016.
- Bly, JoNell, and Jordre, Becca. Improve Visibility, 18-21. Vol. 13, Iss. 1. Dimens Dent Hyg, 2015.
- Jordre, Becca, Schweinle, William, Beacom, Katie, Graphenteen, V, and Ladwig, Adam. The five times sit to stand test in athletic older adults., 47-50. Vol. 36, Iss. 1. Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy., 2013.
- Jordre, Becca, Schweinle, William, Beacom, Kate, Graphenteen, Vashti, and Ladwig, Adam. The Five Times Sit to Stand Test in Senior Athletes, 47-50. Vol. 36, Iss. 1. Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy, 2013. (DOI: 10.1519/JPT.0b013e31826317b5.)
- Jordre, Becca, and Schweinle, William. Fitness Screening for Senior Games Athletes. San Diego, CA: Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association, 2013.
- Seefeldt, Teresa, Mort, Jane, Brockevelt, Barbara, Giger, Jarod T., Jordre, Becca, Lawler, Michael J., Nilson, Wade, Svien, Lana, and . A Pilot Study of Interprofessional Case Discussions for Health Professions Students
Using the Virtual World Second Life.. Edited by Robin M. Zavod, PhD, 224-231. Vol. 4. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, 2012. (DOI: 10.1016/j.cptl.2012.05.007)
- Jordre, Becca, and Bly, JoNell. Protect your Musculoskeletal Health. Edited by Kristen Pratt Machado, 33-34. Vol. 10, Iss. 1. Santa Ana, CA: Dimensions of Dental Hygiene, 2012.
- Bardoshi, Gerta, Jordre, Becca, Schweinle, William, and Wollersheim-Shervey, Sarah. Understanding Exercise Practices and Depression, Anxiety, and Stress in Senior Games
Athletes: A Mixed Methods Exploration, 63-71. Vol. 32, Iss. 1. Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation . (DOI: 10.1097/TGR.0000000000000092)
- Bardhoshi, Gerta, Jordre, Becca, and Schweinle, William. Understanding Exercise Practices and Depression, Anxiety and Stress In Senior Games
Athletes. Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation.
- Schweinle, William, and Jordre, Becca. A Problem with Single-Item Measures in Research, 40-41. Vol. 25, Iss. 3. JPAE.
- Jordre, Becca, and Schweinle, William. Comparing Resisted Hip Rotation to Pelvic Floor Muscle Training in Women with Stress
Urinary Incontinence, a Pilot Study, 81-89. Vol. 28, Iss. 2. J Women's Health Phys Ther.
- Jordre, Becca, and Bly, JoNell. Preventing Pain with the Right Operator Stool. Edited by Jill Rethman, RDH, BA. Santa Ana, CA: Dimensions of Dental Hygiene.