Beacom Hall 322
Phone: (605) 658-5956
Becky has a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree in nursing. She continued her education by completing a Master of Art degree in education with a focus on counseling and guidance. Besides holding positions in nursing education, Becky has nursing administration experience and independent consulting experience. Becky began studying and educating herself in complementary alternative therapies in 1998. She opened a holistic nursing practice in 1999 in Evansville, Indiana. After moving to South Dakota she became an Assistant Professor of Nursing at the University of South Dakota. She was instrumental in integrating holistic content into the nursing curriculum. This innovative approach has been published in the book Teaching Nursing: The Art and Science, Second Edition, Volume 2. Currently Becky is an Instructor in the Bachelor of Health Sciences Program at the University of South Dakota.
Health Sciences specifically global health, healthcare leadership, patient safety and quality improvement.
Integrative holistic medicine, healthcare leadership, patient safety and quality improvement.
- MA, Education, University of Evansville, 1979
- MS, Nursing, University of Evansville, 1978
- BS, Nursing, University of Evansville, 1975
Licensures and Certifications:
- CPR: Basic LIfe Support, American Heart Association
- Certified Archetypal Consultant, CMED
- Certified Healing Touch Practitioner, Healing Touch International
- Certified Clinical Aromatherapy Practitioner/Instructor, Dr. Jane Buckle, LLC
- Registered Nurse License, Board of Nursing: SD, IN
- Enhancing educational outcomes using a technology component in the classroom, Health Affairs Medical Informatics Committee (HAMIC). Grant Role: Supporting. (2017 - 2017)
- , USD Center for Teaching and Learning. Grant Role: Other. (2011 - 2011)
- Funding requested to buy iPads and charging cart, Health Affairs Medical Informatics Committee (HAMIC). Grant Role: Supporting. (2018)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Nelson, Amy, AnisAbdellatif, Musheera, Larson, June, Mulder, Cindy, Wolff, Becky, and . New Faculty Orientation: Discussion of Cultural Competency, Sexual Victimization, and Student Behaviors. Edited by Patricia Yoder-Wise. Thorofare, NJ: Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 2016.
- Gutierrez, Cassity, Wolff, Becky, and . Using Photo voice with Undergraduate Interprofessional Health Sciences to Facilitate Understanding of and Dialogue about Health Disparities within Communities, 1-8. Vol. 3, Iss. 1. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Journal Pedagogy in Health Promotion, 2016. (DOI: 10.1177/237337991562670)
- Yockey, Jean, and Wolff, Becky. Chapter 35: "Medication Administration and Alternative Therapy". In Fundamentals of Nursing: Building Blocks for Practice, edited by Yoost, B.L. & Crawford, L.R. . Iss. 1. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill , 2015.
- Yockey, Jean, and Wolff, Becky. Chapter 32: Integration of Experiential Holistic Content into Nursing Courses. In Teaching nursing: The art and science, edited by Caputi, L. . Iss. 2. Glen Ellyn, IL: College of DuPage Press, 2010.
Awards and Honors:
- Employee Recognition for 15 years of service, University of South Dakota, 2020
- District Nurse of the Year, South Dakota Nurses Association, 2018
- Board Member/Vice-president, Avera Education and Staffing Solutions (AESS), 2018
- Champions of Inclusive Excellence 2018, University of South Dakota, 2018
- Distingushed performance, Univesity of South Dakota, 2016
- Employee Recognition for 10 year service, University of South Dakota, 2015
- Certificate of Appreciation, University of Tennessee State, 2003
- Sagamore of the Wabash, Govenor of Indiana, 1987
- Member, Indiana State Board of Health, 1982
- Adjunct faculty member, University of Evansville, 1982
- Member and President, Indiana State Board of Nursing, 1978
- Wolff, Becky, AnisAbdellatif, Musheera. Teaching QI and PS to Undergraduate Health Science Students Creates Sustainable Culture of Safety. Presented at the 2020 IHI Patient Safety Congress - Cancelled due to COVID, Orlando, FL. (May 13, 2020)
- Wolff, Becky, Turgeon-Drake, Jamie, AnisAbdellatif, Musheera. Self-Care for Health Professionals:A Trauma Informed Practice. Presented at the Disaster Training Day , USD. (February 2020)
- Wolff, Becky, AnisAbdellatif, Musheera, Schweinle, William. Teaching Undergraduates Quality Improvemnt and Patient Safety. Presented at the Teaching Professors Conference, New Orleans, LA. (June 8, 2019)
- Wolff, Becky, AnisAbdellatif, Musheera, Schweinle, William. Effectiveness of Teaching Patient Safety and Quality Improvement to Undergraduate Health Science Students.. Presented at the Eastern SD Research conference, Sioux Falls. (June 2019)
- Wolff, Becky, Turgeon-Drake, Jamie. Using Photovoice to Facilitate Dialogue about Health Disparities within Communities. Presented at the SHAPE Central District Conference, Sioux Falls, SD. (January 26, 2018)
- Wolff, Becky, Nelson, Amy. My Plan...My Way: Person-Centered Service Learning Project. Presented at the Plantree International Conference, Baltimore, MD. (October 2017)
- Nelson, Amy, Wolff, Becky, . My Plan. . .My Way: A Person-centered Service Learning Project. Presented at the South Dakota Gathering, Chamberlain, SD. (September 19, 2017)
- AnisAbdellatif, Musheera, Wolff, Becky. Aromatherapy: Scents and Sensibility. Presented at the 2017 Down syndrome Innovations Conference, Houston, TX. (2017)
- Wolff, Becky, Rupe, Eric, Reed, Cody. Presented at the 67th Annual SOPHE Meeting, Charlotte, NC. (March 30, 2016)
- Turgeon-Drake, Jamie, Wolff, Becky. Pathway Success through Self-Development and Emotional Intelligence. Presented at the Pathways into Health, Seattle, Washington. (October 12, 2015)
- Turgeon-Drake, Jamie, Wolff, Becky, . Pathway Success through Self-Development and Emotional Intelligence. Presented at the Pathways into Health, Seattle, Washington. (October 12, 2015)
- Turgeon-Drake, Jamie, Wolff, Becky, Lind, Laurie. USD Health Science Major: Pathways into a HealthCare Career/USD Health Science Course: HSC 330 Native Peoples' Health Care Promotion and Policy. Presented at the Pathways into Health, Seattle, Washington. (October 12, 2015)
- Wolff, Becky. Integrative Medicine: Treating the Mind, Body and Spirit. Presented at the Nurse Practitioner Association of South Dakota Fall 2013 Conference, Sioux Falls, SD. (September 21, 2013)
- Wolff, Becky. The Pathway of ComplementaryAlternative Medicine. Presented at the 6th Annual Pathways Into Health National Conference, Rapid City, SD. (October 10, 2012)
- Yockey, Jean, Wolff, Becky, Lichtenberg, Michelle. Simulation. Presented at the 2011 Nursing Advisory Board, Vermillion, SD. (May 6, 2011)
- Wolff, Becky. The Fragrant Spirit: Aromatherapy for the MInd, Body and Spirit. Presented at the Rekindle Your Passion for Nursing, Brookings, SD. (April 15, 2011)
- Wolff, Becky, PoorBear, Audrey. Transforming Student Nurses: A Clinical Field Experience in a Rural Native Community. Presented at the 36th Annual Transcultural Nursing Society Conference, Atlanta, Georgia. (October 21, 2010)
- Yockey, Jean, Wolff, Becky. Bridging the Quality Chasm...IOM in Clinical. Presented at the NLN Educational Summit , Philadelphia, PA. (September 23, 2009)
- PoorBear, Audrey, Wolff, Becky. Calming the Waters in the Helping Profession. Presented at the Combined Mental Health, Social Services and Substance Abuse Conference, Sioux Falls, SD. (April 22, 2009)
- Yockey, Jean, Wolff, Becky. Integrating Holistic Modalities into Nursing Fundamentals. Presented at the American Holistic Nurses Association 28th Annual , Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. (June 2, 2008)