Associate Provost, Dean of the Graduate School
Robert L Slagle Hall 102A
Phone: (605) 658-3850
Health Sciences, Physiology and Anatomy
Enhancing student learning and understanding through engagement.
- Specialist in Education, Educational Administration, University of South Dakota, 2009
- Ph D, Basic Biomedical Sciences, University of South Dakota, 2008
- BS, Science-Education, University of Notre Dame, 2002
Licensures and Certifications:
- CITI Certification, USD- Office of Human Subjects
- K-12 Teaching Certification, State of South Dakota and State of Indiana
- Medical Informatics Committee Technology Grant, Health Affairs. Grant Role: Principal. (2011 - 2011)
- CURCA, Center for Academic Engagement. Grant Role: Supporting. (2011 - 2011)
- Technology Fellow Grant, Center for Teaching and Learning. Grant Role: Principal. (2009 - 2010)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Freeburg, Elizabeth, Goyeneche, Alicia, and Telleria, Carlos. Mifepristone abrogates repopulation of ovarian cancer cells in between courses of cisplatin treatment., 743-755. Iss. 34. International Journal of Oncology, 2009. (DOI: PMID: 19212679)
- Freeburg, Elizabeth, Goyeneche, Alicia, and Telleria, Carlos. Resistance to cisplatin does not affect sensitivity of human ovarian cancer cell lines to mifepristone cytotoxicity., 4. Iss. 9. Cancer Cell International , 2009. (DOI: PMID: 19222856)
- Freeburg, Elizabeth, and Goyeneche, Alicia. Resistance to cisplatin does not affect sensitivity of human ovarian cancer cell lines to mifepristone.. Iss. 809. AACR, 2009.
- Goodman, Barb, Freeburg, Elizabeth, Rasmussen, Katherine, and . Elementary education majors experience hands-on learning in introductory biology, 195-203. Vol. 30, Iss. 4. Advancements in Physiology Education, 2006.
Awards and Honors:
- NOMINEE: Outstanding Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence in the School of Health Sciences, nominated by some students in the Health Sciences Major, School of Health Sciences, 2011
- Consistent "Much Higher" Student Evaluation Scores, IDEA, 2010
- USD Soccer Professor Appreciation, USD Athletics, 2010
- Consistent "Much Higher" Student Evaluation Scores, IDEA scores, 2010
- Kaatz, Brian, Larson, June, Freeburg, Elizabeth. Development and Early Success of HSC Major. Presented at the ASAHP Annual Conference.