BASIC BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
Lee Medicine & Science Hall 138
Phone: (605) 658-6317
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship Training, Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, 1993
- Ph D, Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, 1991
- B.S. in Pharmacy (5-year degree), Pharmacy, South Dakota State University, College of Pharmacy, 1986
Licensures and Certifications:
- Registered Pharmacist (R.Ph.), South Dakota Pharmacists Association
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Munger, Karen, Maddox, Dave, Brenner, Barry, and Kost, Curt. Chapter 3. Renal Circulation and Glomerular Ultrafiltration. In Brenner and Rector's THE KIDNEY. Iss. 10..
- Ranek, Mark J., Kost, Curtis, Hu, Chengjun, Martin, Douglas, and Wang, Xuejun. Muscarinic 2 Receptors Modulate Cardiac Proteasome Function in a Protein Kinase G-dependent Manner, 43-51. Epub 2014 Feb 5.. Vol. 69, Iss. 4. J Mol Cell Cardiol, 2014. (DOI: 10.1016/j.yjmcc.2014.01.017)
- Li, Shuai, Wang, Xuejun, Li, Yi-Fan, Kost, Curtis, and Martin, Douglas. Bortezomib, a proteasome inhibitor, attenuates angiotensin II-induced hypertension and aortic remodeling in rats., 10. Vol. 30, Iss. 8. PLOS One, 2013. (DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0078564 )
- Munger, Karen A., Kost, Curtis, Brenner, Barry M., and Maddox, David A.. Renal Circulation and Glomerular Filtration. In Brenner and Rector's "The Kidney", edited by Chertow, et al., Book has 2868 pages (Co-authored Chapter 3). Vol. 2 volumes, Iss. 9. W.B. Saunders Co, 2012.
- Tatchum-Talom, Rabelais, Eyster, Kathleen, Kost, Curtis, and Martin, Douglas. Blood pressure and mesenteric vascular reactivity in SHR seven months after gonadectomy, 357-364. Vol. 57. J Cardiovasc Pharm, 2011.
- Song, Jin, Eyster, Kathleen, Kost, Curtis, Kjellsen, Bart, and Martin, Douglas. Involvement of protein kinase C-CPI-17 in androgen modulation of angiotensin II-renal vasoconstriction., 614-621. Vol. 85, Iss. 3. Cardiovasc Res, 2010.
Awards and Honors:
- "Harry E. Settles Contributor of the Year Award" for 2015, Physical Therapy program of the USD School of Health Sciences, 2015
- Golden Apple Teaching Award for BBS Faculty (2012), 1st Year Medical Students, 2012
- 2nd Year Golden Apple Teaching Award / USD Basic Biomedical Science Faculty Teaching Award, Medical Students- Second Year, 2011
- Nominated for USD's Belbas Larson Award
- Bird, Daniel, Das, Manas, Eyster, Kathleen, Inglis, Stuart, Kost, Curtis, Manzerra, Pasquale, Martin, Douglas, Percy, William, Schlenker, Evelyn, Waller, Steve. Rethinking Remediation: Raising expectations to cast a wider net.. Presented at the CGEA 2015 Spring Meeting. (April 2015)
- Martin, Douglas, Li, Yi-Fan, Wang, Xuejun, Kost, Curtis, Shuai, Li. A proteasome inhibitor attenuates angiotensin II induced hypertension, associated vascular remodeling, and vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation. Presented at the Nebraska Physiological Society , Omaha, Nebraska. (October 2013)
- Ranek, Mark J., Li, Jie, Kost, Curtis, Martin, Douglas, Wang, Xuejun. Protein kinase G regulates proteasome-mediated degradation of misfolded proteins. Presented at the AHA Scientific Sessions, Los Angeles, CA. (November 6, 2012)
- Ranek, Mark J., Martin, Douglas, Kost, Curtis, Wang, Xuejun. Activation of Protein Kinase G Enhances Proteasome-Mediated Degradation of Misfolded Proteins. Presented at the AHA Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2012 Scientific Sessions, New Orleans, LA. (July 25, 2012)