Daniel received his Counselor Education and Supervision Ph.D from the University of
Northern Colorado. Daniel joined the USD Division of Counseling Psychology Related
Programs Faculty Fall 2016. He enjoys being outdoors.
School Counseling, Masters and Doctoral Training, Multicultural and Counseling Theories.
Multicultural Competency, Critical Consciousness, Narrative Methodology, Qualitative
and Quantitative Research, and School Counselor Training.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Waalkes, Phillip L., DeCino, Daniel A., Stickl Haugen, Jaimie, and Dalbey, Amanda. The Relationship Between Job Roles and Gender on Principal-School Counselor Relationship
Quality. Professional School Counseling , 2019.
- DeCino, Daniel A.. The Power of Experience: Narratives that Promote Critical Transformation and Identity
Development. Journal of Counselor Practice, 2019. (DOI: 10.22229/tpo1012019)
- DeCino, Daniel A., Waalkes, Phillip L., and McKibben, W. Bradley. A Content Analysis of School Counselors' Legal Experiences Through Self-Reflective
Letter Writing. Journal of School Counseling, 2019.
- DeCino, Daniel A.. Duoethnography: A Mechanism for Higher Education Faculty Mentoring. International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching in Education, 2019. (DOI: 10.1108/IJMCE-07-2018-0040)
- DeCino, Daniel A., Strear, Molly, and Van Velsor, Patricia. Transformative School Counselor Leadership: An Intrinsic Case Study. Professional School Counselor, 2018. (DOI: 10.1177/2156759X18808626)
- DeCino, Daniel A., Waalkes, Phillip A., and Matos, Cristina. "Be Ready for it": School Counselors' Experiences with Subpoena and Testifying in
Court. Professional School Counseling , 2018. (DOI: 10.1177%2F2156759X18786450)
- DeCino, Daniel, and Waalkes, Phillip. Aligning epistemology with member checks in qualitative research: Conceptualization,
design, and implementation. International Journal of Research & Method in Education, 2018.
- DeCino, Daniel, Waalkes, Phillip, and Smith, Paul. Letter writing: A creative tool for school counselors working with adolescents. The Journal of Creativity in Mental Health, 2018.
- DeCino, Daniel A., Strear, Molly, and Olson, Seth. Exploring School Counselors' Social Desirability, Multicultural Counseling Competence,
and Demographics in the Midwest. Journal of School Counseling, 2018.
- Waalkes, Phillip, DeCino, Daniel, and Borders, DiAnne. The found poet: A new role for the structured peer group supervision model. The Journal of Poetry Therapy, 2017.
- Newland, Lisa, Mourlam, Daniel, Strouse, Gabrielle, DeCino, Daniel, and Hanson, Cylie. A phenomenological exploration of children's school life and well-being. Learning Environments Research.
- Newland, Lisa, DeCino, Daniel, Mourlam, Daniel, and Strouse, Gabrielle. School Climate, Emotions, and Relationships: Children's Experiences of Well-Being
in the Midwestern U.S.. International Journal of Emotional Education.