Daniel has preparation in teacher education, educational technology, and curriculum
development, and is a licensed teacher in the State of Iowa and was a former technology
coordinator, teacher, and project manager.
Daniel's teaching interests include courses with a focus on educational technology,
STEM, teaching methodology, and clinical experiences.
Daniel's research focus is at the intersection of digital technologies and media with
the beliefs and knowledge of PK-12 learners and their parents, teacher candidates,
in-service teachers, and university faculty.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Mourlam, Daniel, Chesnut, Steven, Strouse, Gabrielle, and Newland, Lisa. An Investigation into Teacher Candidate Self-Efficacy as a Result of a STEM Professional
Development School Program. In Proceedings of the Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International
Conference. New Orleans, LA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), 2020.
- Mourlam, Daniel, De Jong, David, Shudak, Nicholas J., and Baron, Mark. A phenomenological case study of teacher candidate experiences during a yearlong teacher
residency program, 397-419. Vol. 54, Iss. 4. The Teacher Educator, 2019. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/08878730.2019.1590750)
- Strouse, Gabrielle, Newland, Lisa, and Mourlam, Daniel. Educational and fun? Parent vs preschooler perceptions and usage of digital and print
media. In Screens, Apps, and Digital Books for Young Children: The Promise of Multimedia, 1-14. Vol. 5, Iss. 3. AERA Open, 2019. (DOI: 10.1177/2332858419861085)
- Newland, Lisa, Mourlam, Daniel, Strouse, Gabrielle, DeCino, Daniel, and Hanson, Cylie. A phenomenological exploration of children's school life and well-being, 311-323. Vol. 22, Iss. 3. Learning Environments Research, 2019.
- Newland, Lisa, DeCino, Daniel, Mourlam, Daniel, and Strouse, Gabrielle. School Climate, Emotions, and Relationships: Children's Experiences of Well-Being
in the Midwestern U.S., 67-83. Vol. 11, Iss. 1. International Journal of Emotional Education, 2019.
- Mourlam, Daniel, Strouse, Gabrielle, Newland, Lisa, and Lin, Haoyu. Can they do it? A comparison of teacher candidates' assumptions and preschoolers'
actual skills with digital technology and media, 82-91. Vol. 129. Computers & Education, 2019. (DOI: 10.1016/j.compedu.2018.10.016)
- Mourlam, Daniel, Strouse, Gabrielle, and Newland, Lisa. They think what? An investigation of preschoolers' digital technology and media skills
and teacher candidates' beliefs.. In Proceedings of the Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International
Conference, edited by K. Graziano, 1453-1461. Las Vegas, NV: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), 2019.
- Newland, Lisa, Mourlam, Daniel, and Strouse, Gabrielle. A Phenomenological Exploration of the Role of Digital Technology and Media in Children's
Subjective Well-Being, 1563-1583. Vol. 11, Iss. 5. Child Indicators Research, 2018. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12187-017-9498-z)
- Mourlam, Daniel. Preparing for infusion: Emergence of a model for faculty TPACK development. Vol. 25, Iss. 3. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 2017.
- Herring, Mary, Meacham, Sohyun, and Mourlam, Daniel. TPACK development in higher education. In Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knoweldge (TPACK) for Educators. Iss. 2. Routledge, 2016.
- Mourlam, Daniel, and Herring, Mary. Exploring the Intel Teach Elements in teacher education. In ICT in Education in Global Context: Comparative Reports of Innovations in K-12 Education, 271-232. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2016.
- Mourlam, Daniel, and Montgomery, Sarah E.. iPads and teacher education: Exploring a 1:1 initiative in a professional development
school partnership, 107-116. Vol. 31, Iss. 3. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 2015.
- Mourlam, Daniel. Social media and education: Perceptions and need for support, 23-38. Vol. 9, Iss. 3. I-Manager's Journal on School Educational Technology, 2014.
- Mourlam, Daniel. Lights, camera, reflection, 22-24. Vol. 40, Iss. 4. Leading and Learning with Technology, 2013.