Darlene Farabee is the author of _Shakespeare's Staged Spaces and Playgoers' Perceptions_
(Palgrave Macmillan, 2014) and co-editor of and contributor to _Early Modern Drama
in Performance_ (U of Delaware P, 2015). Farabee has a chapter in a recent Arden Shakespeare
collection, _Macbeth: The State of Play_, edited by Ann Thompson (2014), and has published
several pieces in _Shakespeare Bulletin_, in addition to publishing on Milton's _Paradise
Lost_. Farabee's current book project explores the language of travel, navigation,
and proprioception in early modern drama.
Early modern British literature; Shakespeare; drama;
Early modern drama; early modern narratives of travel; theories of movement and perception;
metaphor; non-dramatic narrative verse including Spenser and Milton.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Farabee, Darlene. "The Critical Backstory: Edward II's Critics in History to 1990". In Edward II: A Critical Reader, edited by Kirk Melnikoff, 21-42. London: Bloomsbury Arden, 2017.
- Farabee, Darlene. "Review of Shakespeare's Storms by Gwilym Jones". Vol. 69, Iss. 3. Renaissance Quarterly , 2016.
- Farabee, Darlene. Early Modern Drama in Performance. Edited by Darlene Farabee, Mark Netzloff, Bradley Ryner. Newark DE: U of Delaware P, 2015.
- Farabee, Darlene. Shakespeare's Staged Spaces and Playgoer's Perceptions. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
- Farabee, Darlene. "A walking shadow": place, perception, and disorientation in Macbeth". In Macbeth: The State of Play, edited by Ann Thompson. London: Arden/ Bloomsbury, 2014.
- Farabee, Darlene. "Review of How to Read a Shakespearean Play Text by Eugene Giddens". This Rough Magic, 2012.
- Farabee, Darlene. "Review of Teaching the Early Modern Period edited by Derval Conroy and Danielle Clark". This Rough Magic, 2012.
- Farabee, Darlene. "A Midsummer Night's Dream and Othello". Vol. 30, Iss. 2. Shakespeare Bulletin, 2012.
- Farabee, Darlene. "Two productions of Henry V", 618-25. Vol. 30, Iss. 4. Shakespeare Bulletin, 2012.
- Farabee, Darlene. "Romeo and Juliet and Antony and Cleopatra.". Vol. 29, Iss. 2. Shakespeare Bulletin, 2011.
- Farabee, Darlene. "The Case for the Duchess: Teaching Webster's Duchess of Malfi in the Undergraduate
English Classrooms.". Vol. Winter 2011. This Rough Magic, 2011.
- Farabee, Darlene. "Review of A Brave Vessel.", 76-78. Vol. 1, Iss. 1. The Nautilus, 2010.
- Farabee, Darlene. "The Taming of the Shrew and The Tamer Tamed.", 496-502. Vol. 28, Iss. 4. Shakespeare Bulletin, 2010.
- Farabee, Darlene. "Othello and Macbeth.", 637-644. Vol. 27, Iss. 4. Shakespeare Bulletin, 2009.
- Farabee, Darlene. "'Knowledge is as food': food, digestion, and illness in Milton's Paradise Lost". In You are What You Eat: Literary Probes into the Palate, edited by Annette Magid, 154-67. Newcastle, UK: Cambridge Scholars P, 2008.