Assoc Lib/Head, Resource Mgt
I.D. WEEKS LIBRARY
I D Weeks Library 223A
Phone: (605) 658-3374
American Indian Education Academic Library Planning and Assessment Native Studies
- EDD, Adult & Higher Education/Educational Administration, The University of South Dakota, 2007
- MA, Library and Information Science, The University of Iowa, 1998
- MA, Japanese Studies/Asian Civilizations, The University of Iowa, 1995
- BS, Finance/Business Administration, Truman State University, 1985
- MCI Travel Grant, Center for Teaching and Learning. Grant Role: Other. (2015)
- MCI Travel Grant. Grant Role: Other. (2010)
- SDLA Professional Development Grant, South Dakota Library Association. Grant Role: Principal. (2007)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Alexander, David L.. American Indian Studies, Multiculturalism, and the Academic Library. Chicago, ILL: College and Research Libraries, 2012.
- Alexander, David L.. A Look at Continuing Education and Professional Development in the Mountain Plains Region. Mountain Plains Library Association, 2010.
- Alexander, David L.. The South Dakota Tribal College Experience: Historical Context, Student Experience, and Student Perspectives..
Awards and Honors:
- Mombusho Scholar, Japan: Ministry of Education, 1996
- Alexander, David L.. Telling the Library Story: Assessment Activities in an Academic Library. Presented at the Mountain Plains Library Association/Wyoming Library Association Joint Conference, Cheyenne. (September 25, 2015)
- Alexander, David L.. Assessing the Impact of Information Literacy Instruction on Student Citations. Presented at the American Library Association Annual Conference, San Francisco. (June 26, 2015)
- Alexander, David L., McElhinney, Kathleen, . Patron Driven Acquisition for Collection Development. Presented at the Brick and Click Libraries Symposium, Maryville. (November 7, 2014)
- Alexander, David L., Treviño, Jesús G., Fox, Ernetta, DeJager-Loftus, Danielle. The Inclusive Library: Serving Diverse User Populations. Presented at the Tri-Conference: Mountain Plains/South Dakota/North Dakota Library Association Conference, Sioux Falls, SD. (September 25, 2013)
- Alexander, David L., Daily, Daniel, McElhinney, Kathleen, DeJager-Loftus, Danielle. The Digital Library of South Dakota: Considerations on Wounded Knee Oral Interviews. Presented at the Dakota History Conference, Sioux Falls. (April 27, 2012)
- Alexander, David L., Aldrich, Alan W.. Communicating with Technology. Presented at the Mountain Plains Library Association/Montana Library Association Joint Conference, Billings, Montana. (April 9, 2011)
- Alexander, David L.. A Look at Continuing Education and Professional Development in the Mountain Plains Region. Presented at the Mountain Plains Library Association/Oklahoma Library Association Joint Annual Conference, Oklahoma City. (April 20, 2010)
- Alexander, David L.. Event Title Re-imaging Libraries: Developing a Virtual World Presence. Presented at the Library Technology Conference, St Paul, MN. (March 17, 2010)
- Alexander, David L.. Physical Space in a Virtual World: Implications for Library Space. Presented at the Brick and Click Libraries Symposium, Maryville. (November 6, 2009)
- Alexander, David L.. Libraries in the Metaverse. Presented at the Mountain Plains Library Association/Utah Library Association Conference, Salt Lake City. (May 1, 2008)