Assistant Professor, Music Education
W M Lee Center for Fine Arts 128
Phone: (605) 658-3476
David N. Sanderson is Assistant Professor of Music Education at the University of South Dakota, where he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in music education.
Music Education Methods, Music Psychology & Learning, Curriculum & Assessment, Music Technology
Music Teacher Professional Development, Technology in Music Education, Rural Music Education
- Ph D, Music Education, University of Minnesota, 2017
- MM (Master of Music), Music (Music Education), University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2014
- BME (Bachelor of Music Education), Music Education, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2009
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Sanderson, David N., Buzza, Timothy, Jannings, Christopher, Maure, Bryan, Kim, Kangwon, and Soderberg-Chase, Jonathan. A Survey of Music Teachers' Working Conditions. Edited by Dr. Bruce Gleason. Vol. 15, Iss. 1. Research and Issues in Music Education, 2019.
- Sanderson, David. A Case Study of Professional Learning Communities in K-12 Music Education. Digital Dissertations, 2017.
- Viquez Cordoba, Luis Adolfo, Sanderson, David, Galu, Ioana, Kraus, Sonja. Orchestral Conducting Masterclass and Reading Session with Repertoire for the Public School Program. Presented at the South Dakota String Teachers Association Annual Conference, Mitchell High School. (February 23, 2019)
- Sanderson, David N.. Scaffolding Vernacular Music Learning in Class Guitar. Presented at the National Music Educators Conference, Dallas, TX. (November 13, 2018)