Dr. Norris is a practitioner and educator with a over 30 years of experience. She
was honored in 2011 as the Outstanding Faculty for Teaching by the School of Health
Intergenational family influence & culture, rural community program planning from
a Systems of Care perspective
Applied & participatory research and "Best Practices" in social work
Influence of persistent poverty on rural communities & community sustainability
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Norris, Debra, Sevening, Diane, and Cochran, Carole. Suicide InfoGraphic..
- Riebschleger, Joanne, Pierce, Barb, and Norris, Debra. Rural Child Welfare Practice. In Cultural Humility with Rural Practice Wisdom. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2018.
- Riebschleger, Joanne, Pierce, Barbera J., and Norris, Debra. Rural Child Welfare Practice. In Poverty, Pavement and Paying Attention: Rural Child Welfare Practice in the American
Great Plains. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2018.
- Norris, Debra, and Aden-Ripperda, Deb. NCWWI BSW traineeship programs: Legacies & lessons learned.. Albany, NY: National Child Welfare Workforce Institute., 2013.
- Norris, Debra, and LaPlante, Kathy. NCWWI tribal traineeship programs: Legacies & lessons learned.. Albany, NY: National Child Welfare Workforce Institute, 2013.
- Nooney, Lori, Giomo-James, Elisabetta, Kindle, Peter A., Norris, Debra, Myers, Ryan, Tucker, Alyssa, and Stanley, Robert. Rural Food Pantry Users' Stigma and Safety Net Food Programs, 100-105. Vol. 5. Contemporary Rural Social Work, 2013.
- , and Norris, Debra. Advanced Social Work Practice in Trauma. Alexandria, Virginia: Council on Social Work Education (CSWE Standards), 2012.
- Lawler, Michael J., LaPlante, Kathy, Giger, Jarod T., and Norris, Debra. Overrepresentation of Native American children in foster care: An independent construct?. Edited by Yo Mo Lee, PhD, 95-110. Vol. 21, Iss. 2. London, UK: Journal of Ethnic & Cultural Diversity in Social Work, 2012. (DOI: 10.1080/15313204.2012.647344)
- Norris, Debra, and Cochran, Carole. Organizing & Presenting Data: A How to Primer, 46. Iss. Revised. Vermillion, SD: SD Kids Count Network, 2011.
- Norris, Debra, and , Charles S.. Needs Assessments: An Integrated Assignment in Civic Service, 373-382. Vol. 29. Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 2009.
- Norris, Debra, Korkow, John, Johnson, Marni, Williams, Mandy, and Merrigan, Mary. Pat; the Veteran Case..
- Riebschleger, Joanne, and Norris, Debra. Preparing social work students for rural child welfare practice:. Journal of Social Work Education.
- Cross, Suzanne, Dry Water Whitekiller, Virginia, Norris, Debra, Caringi, James, Trautman, Ashleuy, and Holder, Lea Ann. NCWWI Tribal Traineeship Programs: Promoting diversity in the child welfare workforce. Journal of Social Work Education.
- Norris, Debra. Trauma Informed Practice Bibliography. CSWE Taskforce on Trauma Informed Practice.
- Norris, Debra, Van Osdel, Joanne, and Cochran, Carole. A Data Primer for InterProfessional Education..