Mr. Mosterd is the Assistant Director of the Center for Teaching & Learning, the Coordinator
of eLearning Design and Delivery for Continuing and Distance Education, and the TechFellows
Program Manager at the The University of South Dakota. He also serves as the Regents
Fellow for e-Education Initiatives with the South Dakota Board of Regents.
Mr. Mosterd is an adjunct instructor for the Department of Music at USD, where he
teaches Western music history and jazz history. He has also taught in the areas of
instructional design, distance education, web design and development, and robotics.
Mr. Mosterd is an active researcher, specializing in the use of technology in instructional
settings, especially in music. He has developed a number of interactive music tools
and games, aimed at remedying specific pedagogical issues, which have had a measurable
impact on student success in his courses.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Mosterd, Eric. Using Interactivity to Improve Online Music Pedagogy for Undergraduate Non-Majors. In Pedagogy Development for Teaching Online Music, edited by Johnson, Carol and Virginia Christy Lamothe. Hershey, Pennsylvania: IGI Global, 2018.
- Mosterd, Eric, and Jerke, Darin. "Creating an Online Presence for Hybrid Support". In New Directions in Online Learning, edited by Kathryn Linder. Vol. 149. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2017.
- Mosterd, Eric. "Run-DMC". In The 100 Greatest Bands of All Time, edited by David V. Moskowitz, 564-571. California: ABC-CLIO, 2015.
- Mosterd, Eric. "Sly and the Family Stone". In The 100 Greatest Bands of All Time, edited by David V. Moskowitz, 603-611. California: ABC-CLIO, 2015.
- Mosterd, Eric. "Interactive media streaming.". In Patent Application (U.S. Patent 8,745,259), edited by Deinhard, Jan, Tobias Lensing, and Paul Kellett...
- Mosterd, Eric. "Alternative Design Goals for a General Music Markup Language.". In Interactive Multimedia Music Technologies, 141-142. Hershey, PA: Idea Group International, 2007.