Professor Huckabee received his A.B., M.B.A., and J.D. from Gonzaga University in
Spokane, WA. Commissioned in R.O.T.C. in 1974, he entered active duty in 1976. He
received an LL.M. from The Judge Advocate General's School in Charlottesville, VA;
an M.S. in Education from Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, AL; an M.A.
in Congressional Studies from The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.;
and an LL.M. from The George Washington University National Law Center in Washington,
D.C. Selected in 2000 by the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars
and the U.S. Department of State to be a J. William Fulbright Scholar, Professor Huckabee
served as a Senior Lecturer at the Jagiellonian University Center for American Studies
in Krakow, Poland, while on active duty. After serving 27 years as a Judge Advocate
in the Regular Army, he became an Associate Professor of Business Law joining the
faculty at the University of South Dakota School of Business in August 2003.
The student body association selected him Professor of the Year for 2004, a rare honor
after only his first year of teaching. The Dean appointed him Coordinator of International
Studies in January 2004. He was later appointed to a Dr. Clifford Graese/KPMG Peat
Marwick Faculty Fellowship for 2005-2006. In addition to other responsibilities,
in 2005 he became Chair, Division of Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing, and
Law supervising twelve faculty. In May 2006 he was honored at commencement with
the Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching, the highest award for teaching
bestowed by the University of South Dakota. He was selected to serve as a Distinguished
Visiting Professor at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO during the
2012-2013 academic year.
Business Law, Legal Environment of Business, Torts, Military Law, National Security
Law, International Business Law, Ethics
Ethics, Business Law, Torts, and Military Law
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Huckabee, Gregory M., Feimer, Steve, and Frederick, Zane. Cartel Cash: Attacking the Financial Operations of the Mexican Drug Cartels. Edited by Lynne Johnson, 56-72. Vol. 10, Iss. 1. Salt Lake City, UT: The Journal of Investigative and Forensic Accounting, 2018.
- Huckabee, Gregory M.. The Ethics of NCAA DI Sports Team Scheduling: University Presidents Take the Field,
Part II, 97-186. Denver, CO: University of Denver Sturm College of Law Sports and Entertainment Journal, 2016.
- Huckabee, Gregory M.. Law vs. Science: Out with the Old, In with the New?, 11-13. Vol. 62, Iss. 5. Washington, DC: The Federal Lawyer, 2015.
- Huckabee, Gregory, and Fox, Aaron. Is it Ethical to Sell a Lower Tier College Sports Team to Play Another. Edited by Nadin Said, 89-135. Vol. 16. Denver, CO: Univ. of Denver Sturm College of Law Sports & Entertainment Law Journal , 2014.
- Huckabee, Gregory M.. Is it Ethical to Sell a Lower Tier College Sports Team to Play Another Team of Far
Greater Competitive Skill?, 89-135 . Vol. 16. Denver, CO: University of Denver Sturm College of Law Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, 2014.
- Huckabee, Gregory M.. Ethics-Are Business Schools the Source or Solution of Ethics Education Problems? The
Process of Formulating and Adopting Separate Faculty and Student Codes of Ethics, 17-26. Vol. 8, Iss. 1. Oxford: Oxford Journal: An International Journal of Business & Economics, 2014.
- Huckabee, Gregory M.. Chap. 14 The Advent of Preventive War in Counterterrorism—Are We Playing By New International
Rules?,. In Fundamentals of Counterterrorism Law (text, 231-251 (2014).. Vol. text. Chicago, IL: American Bar Association , 2014.
- Huckabee, Gregory M.. Rocky Mountain Law Journal, 75-92. Vol. 4. Cape Giraradeau, MO: Rocky Mountain Law Journal, 2014.
- Huckabee, Gregory, and Kolb, Cherry. PRIVACY IN THE WORKPLACE, FACT OR FICTION, AND THE VALUE OF AN AUTHORIZED USE POLICY
(AUP). Edited by Michael L. Snyder, 35-49. Vol. 59, Iss. 1. Vermillion, SD: South Dakota Law Review, 2014.
- Huckabee, Gregory, and Davidson, Michael. "The Advent of Preventive War in Counterterrorism---Are We Playing by New International
Law Rules?". In The Fundamentals of Counterterrorism Law, edited by Lynne K. Zusman, 370. Chicago, IL: American Bar Association, 2013.
- Huckabee, Gregory, and Davidson, Michael. The Law of Counterterrorism. In Chap. 7 Application of the Advice of Counsel Defense to Controversial Conduct in the
War on Terrorism, edited by Lynne K. Zusman, 290. Iss. 1st. Chicago, IL: American Bar Association, 2011.
- Huckabee, Gregory. The Ghost of Major John Wigmore Returns—Congress Amends the Servicemembers Civil Relief
Act (SCRA), 1. Charlottesville, VA: The Army Lawyer, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps, 2010.
- Huckabee, Gregory. The Politicizing of Military Law-Fruit of the Poisonous Tree, 611-682. Vol. 45, Iss. 3. Spokane, WA: Gonzaga Law Review, 2010.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Coyoteopoly—Student Interdisciplinary Service-Learning 'The Other Classroom' in Corporate
Ethics and Business Experience, 30-47. Vol. 16, Iss. 2. Journal of Business and Behavioral Disciplines, 2007.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Treachery and Betrayal—An Analysis of the Modern Fiduciary Behavior of Corporate Directors
and Management—The Need For Schooling In The Business Ethics Of Tomorrow, 316-324. Vol. 2, Iss. 2. Journal of Business and Leadership: Research, Practice, and Teaching, 2006.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Partnering With the Department of Defense for Improved Homeland. In Homeland Security Law and Policy, 159-174. Springfield, IL: Charles C. Thomas, Pub. LTD., 2005.
- Huckabee, Gregory. For Those Who Go in Harm's Way, 20-25. Vol. 22, Iss. 1. Chicago, IL: General Practice Solo & Small Firm Section Journal, 2005.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Congress Does It Again—The Ghost of Major John Congress Does It Again—The Ghost of
Major John, 21-23. Vol. 51, Iss. 4. Washington, DC: The Federal Lawyer, 2004.
- Huckabee, Gregory. The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act-The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. In Modern Legal Systems Encyclopedia, 1.190.1-11.190.38 . William S. Hein & Co., 2004.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Analysis of the New Corporate Paradigm Directors and Management—The Unholy Alliance,
and the Business Ethics of Tomorrow, 109-117. Vol. 12, Iss. 7. Journal of Accounting and Finance Research, 2004.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Domestic WMD Incident Management - Legal Deskbook. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of Defense, 2003.
- Huckabee, Gregory. The Legal Face of War: Guarding the Home Front for the Citizen-Soldier. Iss. Special online ed.. Chicago, IL: General Practice Solo Magazine, American Bar Assn., 2002.
- Huckabee, Gregory. A First Army Judge Advocate in King Jagiello's Court, 8. Spokane, WA: The Lawyer, Gonzaga University School of Law, 2001.
- Huckabee, Gregory. A California Judge Advocate in King Stanislaw's Court, 9-11. Vol. XI. Washington, DC: The Military Advocate, 2000.
- Huckabee, Gregory. An Invitation to Military Lawyers, 1 & 51. Chicago, IL: General Practice, Solo and Small Firm - GP SOLO, ABA, 2000.
- Huckabee, Gregory. The Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act: A Civil Practitioner's Guide. In Modern Legal Systems Cyclopedia, sect. 1.190.3 . Vol. I. William S. Hein & Co., 2000.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Our Past is Prologue--50 Years in the Legal Trenches, 6-9. Vol. 2. Chicago, IL: The Public Lawyer, ABA, 1994.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Suffering the Slings and Arrows of the Panama Canal Treaties, 60-84. Vol. 40. Newport, RI: Naval Law Review, 1992.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Crisis of the Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act: A Call for the Ghost of Major
(Professor) John Wigmore, 667-690. Vol. 43, Iss. 2. Mercer Law Review, 1992.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Reaching Out to Help, 4-8. Vol. 3, Iss. 1. Chicago, IL: The Complete Lawyer, ABA, 1991.
- Huckabee, Gregory. Congress Passes Amendments to the Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil, 7-8. Vol. 1, Iss. 5. Chicago, IL: The Briefcase, American Bar Association, 1991.
- Huckabee, Gregory. For Those Who Go in Harm's Way, 33-38. Fort Leavenworth, KS: Military Review, U.S. Army, 1991.
- Huckabee, Gregory. The War Powers Resolution: Law or Political Rhetoric?, 207-225. Vol. 34. Tuscalossa, AL: The Air Force Law Review, 1991.
- Huckabee, Gregory. If You Have Rank, You Are Involved, 50-55. Army Magazine/ AUSA, 1988.
- Huckabee, Gregory. American Constitutional Law. In co-author-instruction text for core course at USMA. West Point, NY: U.S. Military Academy, 1984.
- Huckabee, Gregory M.. What Penalty Should Volkswagen Be Compelled to Pay for its Unethical and Unlawful
Conduct, and on What Basis?. Edited by Dr. Charles Terry. Atlanta, GA: The Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics .